Chapter Four:

The sun is shining and I can walk, no skip crown in my hand now its like a fidget. Kilorn suddenly pauses causing me to stop as well. "Whats up?"

"Oh its nothing I just think I left the water jug near the door." He smiles sheepishly "Yeah sure OkAy. I'll be at the creek-stream or whatever." I gesture to the downward hill covered by tree's, the ground seems to hum beneath my feet so much water everywhere its like a map I can feel where the water is.

"I'll be quick, princess" He gestures to the crown and I smile turning quickly to hide my burning face. I hear him walk back to the little makeshift dirt shack, and I resume my journey.

Princess? Princess....princess. Its the crown nothing more.

 I skip down the hill careful not to break my leg, and am soon met by a shallow stream and rocky shore. 

"Pretty" I say in awe talking to myself, I put my hair up in a messy high ponytail. I plop down on the rocks next to the water thinking to myself. I take off my purse setting it on the ground next to me as well as my shoes and socks.

I've already learned how to make it ran, how to drown someone, and how to...make bubbles?

  I shrug and steadily reach my hand above the water so it laps against my palm, its cool soothing almost. Closing my eyes I lift my hand trying to lift a orb of water with me. Opening one eye to see if I did it, the orb of water bursts in my face soaking me. 

Well at least I know I can do it.

Sputtering I wipe my face with my shirt and then I shake my hands. I pause, voices. It must just be Kilorn and someone else. I huff and focus on lifting the water again. 

This time I keep my eyes open watching my hand, the water laps against my skin again and I lift my hand. A glowing orb of water follows, the glowing bugs. I smile and rotate my hand so the water rests in my palm. 

I poke it with my free fingers causing it to light up blue again and again like a light show. The orb changes to an oval and I spin it on my finger like a basketball. I'm so happy I don't even realize the other orbs that follow lifting from the water like a lightbulb. 

The voices stop and I look up when I do all the orbs splash back into the water the one I was holding bursts in my face again.

"EWWWw glowing BUGS on my FACE." I cough and wipe my face again. "Glowing bugs?" Kilorn appears beside me sitting down, he seems sad, or mad.

"Yeah glowing bugs all over my face" I gesture to my face which is damp with water. "Huh..." He stares at me for a moment before looking at the stream canteen in hand. I frown "Are you okay? Who were you talking to anyway?"

I take the water holder from his hand. "I'm fine...just talking to Mare..." I let out a small oh. I desperately want to comfort him, I just don't know how...I shift closer to him and lean my shoulder against his, its like he melts at the comfort. We stay like this for a while.

"You want to see something cool?" 

"Sure why not? I could always go for doing something 'cool'" He sighs "Wow don't be so excited then" I roll my eyes and grab his hands leaning away from him now. "Okay...move." He shifts so we face each other. He looks tired sad and mad all at once his usual sea glass green eyes dark more like seaweed. 

"Okay okay okay." I take a deep breath and again lift the orb of water from the stream. It has glowing bugs too. "Look!" he smiles softly and I grab his hands again with my other hand and carefully place the water orb in his hands.

I then hold his hands in mine to keep the water from bursting. "You can move water?" My mouth moves into an O "Do you think I can walk on water too?" He laughs. "No one can walk on water Maddy its impossible."

Scoffing I burst the water in his face soaking his light brown hair and his face. "I will walk on water thank yo-" he cuts me off pushing me into the water so now I lay in the water sputtering. "Hmm... I don't think you can walk on water." Kilorn the asshole leans over me the water from his hair dripping on my nose.

"HOW DARE YOU Push me into the water!" I grab his shirt and pull him in next to me soaking him thoroughly the canteen forgotten on the rocks. The water isn't deep maybe a foot and a half. I sit up turning my head to Kilorn my hair shirt and shorts wet. 

He just lays there looking up at the sky through the tree's. "Mare likes the Prince." Kilorn sighs, "How do you know that?" 

"I saw them kiss when I went back for that" he points to the canteen before floating the steam causing him to bump my knee. "They kissed? Again?" I twirl my fingers in the water making a mini waterspout. 

"She loves me like a brother..." Heartbroken his tone. "You know...I always thought that if we were to stay in stilts forever that, you and Mare would have a big family and that...is making things worse..." I frown as I watch his face contort to pain and hurt.

"Kilorn. You will find someone. Someone that treats you well someone that loves you as...well a lover. I promise" At this some sadness slips away.

He smiles its forced "Its amazing how someone can break your heart and you could still love them with all the little shattered pieces." He reaches up his hand as if trying to touch something not there. 

(HAIIII again fokeysss how you doing...good good/bad bad. Hope you LOVED that one and if you came for Maven suckitup he's coming soon.)