6| ᴀʙᴜꜱᴇ ᴀᴛ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ꜰɪɴᴇꜱᴛ

"Look, like I said to your kids earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you."

You, Five and Klaus had managed to lie your way into the doctor from earlier's main office. It was an all-white and glass room. Fairly bleak besides the little trinkets that marked it as another human beings.

Possibly a father, you realized as you glanced over the pictures on the glass table away from his desk. And there was a cute little snow globe that definitely belonged to a child, or really just anyone who had more happiness in them then this man in front of you.

Oh, and the nametag on the desk said Dr. Lance. Why did that sound more asshole prone than the entire Umbrella Academy put together?

"We can't get consent if you don't give us a name," Five pointed out, stepping closer to the desk and putting both hands flat against it.

It was clear he knew he couldn't outright grab or insult this man if Five was going to get what he wanted. So, he was threatening from afar, holding himself in a manner that would've been way scarier if he didn't look 13.

The doctor shrugged, "Well, that's not my problem."

Klaus was sitting in his chair, one leg folded over the other, hands clasped on his lap. He looked almost professional. Almost.

"Sorry. Now, there's really nothing more I can do, so—"

"What about my consent?" Klaus slowly sized up the man, a perturbed look flashing across his face.

"Excuse me?" Lance's head whipped to Klaus; eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Who gave you permission—" a distraught look that was clearly dramatized acting formed on Klaus's face. "to lay your hands. . .on my children."

You and Five exchanged cautious glances as Number Four took a breath like he was on the brink of tears. You weren't the only one who thought he was finally losing it, right? If he started twitching and foaming at the mouth your mind would skip right past rabies and straight to overdosing from the way he was acting.

But as Lance's calm demeanor slowly slipped you thought that maybe he was onto something.

"What?" The doctor voiced his question out loud while Five simply mouthed it to you.

You shrugged a bit, twirling a finger next to your temple to show you thought he was going insane.

"You heard me."

The doctor's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and increasing concern, "I didn't touch your kids."

"Oh, really?" Klaus stood up, a maniac look on his face as he turned to you and Five. "Then why do their faces look like that?"

". . .Like what?"

Everything was cut off and your eyes widened as you watched Klaus's elbow pull back and bitch slapped Five, so hard his lip started to bleed. Realization for Klaus's actions hit you as hard as he hit Five. This was blackmail, then.

You stifled a laugh as Five froze in shock, lightly touching his lip in pain. He seemed to understand what his insane brother was getting at, but before he could react, his attention was drawn to you from your almost laugh.

He scowled, face scrunching into an obnoxious smile, "you're turn."

You barely processed what he meant, eyes widening. "Wha. . ? Whoa—"

A sharp pain later and Five had used all his strength to slap you. You recoiled, stumbling a bit in shock. There was a thin taste of blood in your mouth, and you glared at Five as you straightened up.