CHAPTER XVI

I understand that I have not been releasing frequently, but that's because my college entrance procedures are taking too long, and I have been super busy. Please cope up with me. 🙏🙏

Please like and comment. I appreciate your feedback and support. I'll be posting new chapters whenever I can, so stay tuned.

Love ya'll.

✯☾ .............................................. ☽✯

"Excuse me," Lina whispers, cautiously making her way to sit beside Aiden

"Excuse me," Lina whispers, cautiously making her way to sit beside Aiden. In her haste, she accidentally steps on Garrett's foot, quickly apologizing for the inconvenience. After she carefully settles down next to Aiden, she steals a glance at him, her cheeks flushing slightly. I return my gaze to Garrett, ignoring Lina's obvious attempts to not look at Aiden.

In all the time I've known Garrett, he's never been one to stay still and not shoot a disdainful glare at anyone who even slightly inconveniences him. But now, he just sits there, his gaze fixed on the exact spot where Lina stepped, not moving a muscle.

Giving him a nudge with my elbow, I notice his Adam's apple bobble as he finally looks up from his shoes, refocusing on the podium.

"What's going on? I was practically dragged out of the infirmary to be here. Who knew my excuse wouldn't work this time?" she chuckles softly, but her laughter fades away as she observes everyone's reactions. Her face turns serious, expression twisting to one of concern. I begin to speak, but Aiden beats me to it, "Raymond has imposed a 'Non-Fraternizing' rule."

"What?" Lina exclaims, quickly lowering her voice as heads turn in her direction.

I glance at Arianna, trying to decipher her sour mood. Since the three of them have returned, she has been the only one who hasn't said a word.

What the hell happened in the Central Building?

"I know, children, that you all think Mr. Zachary had a hand in whatever occurred with Ms. Drea, but we have questioned her and looked into it fairly, and there is no proof against Mr. Zachary. It seems that everything that happened between them was mutual. Now, regarding the video, we will keep investigating until we find the real person responsible," Raymond explains, his tone surely sounding promising to someone who doesn't know what hides beneath his thick skin.

"Also," he adds, "We think this isn't just about one person. The problems in the school are because of the growing interactions between boys and girls."

"What nonsense is he talking about?" Aiden mutters, and Lina nods beside him.

It's fairly obvious. Aureus has a history of undisputed rules and a spotless reputation, until now, when we showed up to shake things up. The recent scandal involving the leaked sex tape is bound to cause chaos and permanently tarnish the school's image. And, I'm pretty sure, Raymond will do anything to keep this matter buried.