The Last 17 Years

2008

My life.
My horrible fucking life.

Who likes being a teenager? Who in their right mind would?

Obviously, my twin sister, Irma.
She has everything in her life set!

Good grades, good education, popularity and a boyfriend. Ugh, gross.

And not to mention, her good grades and education is MY good grades and education. She makes me do all of her stuff and i never have time to do mine.

I can't complain about her boyfriend, Tom, because i'm good friends with his twin, Bill.

Bill is quite literally the male version of me.
We both love dark makeup, love dressing up in our own style and love gossiping.

Bill and Tom both spend a lot of time at our house, but i rarely ever see Tom or Irma. They're both usually in Irma's room making out and doing gross shit like that.

But then again, Irma and Tom rarely see me and Bill because we're always in my room talking and doing school work.

Me and Irma look nothing alike.

I'm a tall brunette with brown eyes, i don't have a slim build but i don't have a big build.
I'm sort of in between both of them.

I dress in a 'punk' like style, and love every bit of it.
I have multiple piercings too.
A septum ring, both my eyebrows and a tongue bar.

Irma on the other hand, she's a small blonde with brown eyes, she has a slim build and the typical 2000s older sister style.
She only has a belly button piercing.
Soooo basic.

Me and my sister have never gotten along, we have never been close despite being twins. Maybe we that's how we were just made to be.

Mine and Irma's parents have always favoured Irma. 10 years ago when we were seven and wanted to move from our childhood house, our parents took us to look around different houses.
Irma chose a house i didn't particularly like, i chose a house that Irma didn't particularly like but my parents still chose the one she wanted.

We still live in that house, it's a massive six bedroom house with three bathrooms.

I did grow to love it but i would've loved the one i wanted first.

We also have a golden retriever called Zoey, she was originally Irma dog but she never looked after Zoey so i've ended up looking after her. I don't mind, i love her like a daughter.

We also have a baby sister, she's only two and her name is Ruth, i also love her like she's my own daughter.

***

At the house...

17:36pm

It was the night before the first day of our last year at school, both Bill and Tom were over but Bill was with me in my room.

We were sat on my bed on my bed watching tv, Bill was more talking about the prices of hairspray going up and how he wasn't happy.

Bill continue to talk, "I mean, how could they raise the prices that high?! Do they think i have that money?"

I grab the tv remote and turn up the tv as i continue to walk it, "Uh huh.."

"Almost €5 for hairspray! Ridiculous, right?!" Bill scoffed.

I nod, "Yeah, totally."

Bill looked at me, "Are you even listening to me?"

"Nope." I chuckled, "I'm trying to watch the police program."