New Boyfriend? Again?

Lydia and Stan argued as they pushed their way through the coffee shops double doors, approaching our familiar table. I shifted in my seat at the sight of them- their loud personalities illuminating the quiet establishment.

"Hey," Lydia sighed, slotting into the booth, Stan following shortly after, "Sorry we're late, I had to stop and get petrol,"

"No, it's okay," I shrugged, closing my book with the corner folded. A bad habit and a reminder I needed to get some more book marks, "It hasn't been that long since I got here,"

"It's half one, Jenny,"

"What?" I mumbled, tapping the screen on my phone. It lit up with the picture of us three, and the time reading 13:35 on top, "I guess I got carried away,"

I'd been sat here for twenty five minutes already. I could've sworn I'd only just ordered, but then as I looked down my coffee had already been sipped and my cookie had been eaten.

"Yeah, no shit," Stan said, waving over the usual waitress.

"Hello," She beamed, her notepad at the ready, "What can I get you guys, today?"

"We'll have the usual," Stan answered for us, "Jen, you want anything else?"

"Another coffee, please,"

Coffee was a bad addiction.

The waitress finished scribbling down our order and smiled, "Alright, those'll be out soon,"

"Great. Thank you,"

Lydia turned to us as a mischievous grin found its way onto her face. Stan and I gave each other the eyes, wondering what was about to come, "So, I have some news,"

"Did you get fired?" I asked.

"No."

"Did you quit drinking?" Stan asked.

"No,"

"Wait..." Stan quickly said, "I got it. Did you engage in sexual acts with a man twice your age?"

Lydia had to think about that one, pursing her lips, "Not in the last two months,"

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, okay, stop," She fixed the front pieces of hair and sighed, a smile still on her face, "I think I have a boyfriend!"

"You think?" I repeated, shaking my head, "Didn't you just break up with the last one?"

"We weren't official," She shrugged, "He'd never met you guys."

Stan pursed his lips in agreement.

I was about to speak, but cut off by the waitress, "Here you guys go. Enjoy!"

"Thank you, Rachel,"

I grabbed the cup and brought it to my lips, never missing the sensation of coffee- it was my favourite thing in the world, besides poetry and Stan and Lydia, "So, what's he like?"

"Okay, his names Liam," She began, "He's in a band, he's super hot and the sex is amazing,"

"Sounds legit," Stan commented.

"In a band? Is that his job?"

"Yes,"

"So, what you're really trying to say is, he's unemployed."

Lydia rolled her eyes at me, "No, Jenny, he isn't. He does gigs, amazing gigs by the way, and he makes pretty decent money from it."

I listened, biting back my smart remark.