Chapter 8

Engfa's pov

"Hello Miss Waraha." she said as she entered my office.

"Miss Austin..." I replied, my throat hurting as the words got out.

"I see Sun must be around since his satchel is here. Do you know where he is?"

Charlotte was still sporting her ridiculous green nails... It took me so much effort to not burst at her, I was still so mad... But I had to control myself...

"He's at the café around the corner. Do you need me to call him? Is your latte not enough to fuel you for the day?"

I had tried to speak in a nice way but I knew I sounded pretty much condescending right now... That woman was making me so tense... She looked down at the cup in her hand, smiling softly.

"Well I could do with another one if we end up bumping into each other again later today." she joked.

It wasn't funny...

"Don't worry, I won't be leaving my office for the whole morning. What do you need from Sun anyway? Didn't you spend enough time with him Yesterday?"

I was so bitter... I really needed to get rid of all this... I'll dance my anger away tonight... If I survive today... The way Charlotte was looking at me was starting to make me dizzy...

"Mmm... I'm supposed to start working on the accounting today and I didn't want to disturb you."

I looked at her trying to hide my astonishment. She did say that she only needed 3 days to do the interviews and then she would start taking on the accounting with me...

"You're already disturbing me anyway..."

We looked at each other... It felt like there were bolts of electricity between us... making the air in the room so hard to breathe... How could she get on my nerves like this? Like... more than Pitchy...

"So that means you're done with seeing the whole team, right?"

She nodded, her eyes trying to x-ray me or something...

"Why don't you give me a rundown of it all then. And what's your strategy to make this place efficient, Miss Austin?"

I saw a light flickering in her gaze and she was definitely trying not to smile right now. She was playing with me... I was sure of it... She sorta stiffed before she started talking.

"I told you that I'll get everything run by you on Monday. I still have to finish laying down all of the options before I put up my final presentation. You asked me to help with the accounting tasks that have been piling up as soon as possible so I'm being true to my words."

The "being-upset" level turned up a notch inside of me.

"Then you can go to your office and wait for Sun to come back. I'll send him to you with the work that needs to be done today." I replied as I didn't want to put up a fight.

"Could you explain to me what needs to be done right now so I can start right away?"

Her stubbornness was astonishing.

"Sun will bring you everything as soon as possible." I said firmly.

Thankfully, she said ok and left my office. Pfeww, it wasn't 9:15 and my head was already burning up. How could she make me react this strongly? I felt like I was going insane...

Charlotte's pov

I received 6 emails from Sun in the last 2 minutes. I wasn't even half way through the first one when he came into room 431. He was holding a huge stack of papers that he put on the little table in front of me.