Chapter 4

Engfa's pov

I would admit that I stayed a long time looking towards the door without moving when Charlotte Austin left my office. That woman had pushed on every button possible. Seriously... Sun was right, she was definitely putting me off balance. Interviews with every team member? Most of these girls would eat her alive. I even tried to warn her... Thinking about it, I didn't know why I did that... I could have let her face them on her own. She seemed really sure of herself and was going to learn the hard way... I saw when she asked Snack to put her phone away... The poor girl was so stunned she didn't know how to react anymore... That was pretty funny though...

"Are you ok?" Sun's voice resonated suddenly.

"Mmm... Yeah yeah..."

"You look like a crazy person right now."

"I'm sorry?"

"You were looking into the void and then started smiling. Sometimes you scare me..."

I chuckled, looking back towards the hallway.

"Faye said the same thing during lunch..." I admitted, having a little flashback of the scene.

"See, I'm right. And you're doing it again! I know that Faye is alive cause I saw her earlier... but what are you planning to do to that poor Charlotte?" he asked.

I huffed.

"I'm not planning on doing anything to her!"

"You let her go with her plan to face all of the girls..." he said, with a meaningful look.

"That was her request. I'm giving her some of my trust. I thought you would be happy about it..."

"You told her yourself, she's eager. What do you think is going to happen when she confronts them upfront about their bad behavior? I heard Snack complaining about it already. Pitchy is going to destroy her..."

"Well, I did warn her..." I said, feeling a little bit bad now.

"That's not warning her, Engfa. You know very well why Chompu had to go before you came to replace her..."

"She's not going to get fired right away."

"So that's your plan?"

"I don't have any plans, Sun! For all I know this girl is all talk, like the others! And soon she'll be Pitchy's best friend and the work would still be piling up!" I argued.

This was too many feelings for only a few minutes of talking...

"Charlotte is not like that..."

"How do you know?" I said, feeling kind of betrayed on top of everything else now.

"We talked this morning for a bit before she had to go see the doc... I have a good feeling about her."

"It's been one day, Sun!"

"Don't get mad at me for appreciating someone..."

"Oh cause now you appreciate her! I blink and tomorrow you guys are going to dance in the best clubs around town together..."

"Well at least, maybe SHE would come."

We argued like an old couple for a few more minutes until I remembered that I still had a look of things to go over on my todo list. I ended up the "fight" and we both apologized, as always. I didn't like fighting with him... well I kinda liked it... it was... a complex feeling. Yet it seemed normal... because it felt like everything was complex in my life anyway...

Charlotte's pov

Since I got Engfa's approbation I wasn't going to waste any seconds before starting the first step of my usual method. Getting to know the workers, really listening to them, how they were talking about their job, themselves, others... Before I could think about what to do next. I went to the sales' office and saw that Nudee wasn't there anymore. I would have to start with Meena then.