leashes and fluffy hand cuffs

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

as soon as Yangyang heard a sniffle, concern struck his conscience, and the resentment he once held against Yubin was now obsolete. he turned his body to her, now lying on his side, noticing her glassy eyes blinking away the tears. her eyes, unwilling to tear away from the ceiling.

"I don't know what to do, yangs. I'm so torn." she choked up.

"hey, what happened? look at me. we can figure this out together." he soothingly pulled her away from her face to see her expression clearer.

yubin's lower lip trembled in despair. The warm tears flowed down the sides of her face, and the colour was now drained from her skin.

"I feel like any decision I make isn't good enough." she managed to say through tears.

"Why would you think that?"

she sighed deeply, giving up all her burdensome thoughts.

"my father offered me an internship."

he tread carefully around the topic. "That's good, right? After all these years, he still reached out to you. isn't that what you wanted?"

"I wanted a real father. not one to come running back with empty promises, so can he look like a perfect family man after abandoning us." she confided resentfully, wiping away her tears as if they were insignificant. "because of him, my mother struggled so much. she's the only reason I'm in uni."

Yangyang attended to the girl while she conveyed her unsettling thoughts.

"so you feel like you'd betray her if you joined your father."

"yeah, I feel like such a sell-out! I can't go against my mother like that." she cried, exasperated.

It wasn't easy for yubin's mother to raise two children alone in a judgmental society. imagine how she would feel seeing her daughter run to the man who abandoned them all. she had her loyalties.

"I don't think you'd be. Your mother would want you to take it. think about it. it'll set you further in life. Plus, if you told her about the pay, she'd be blinded by all the bags you could buy her." he chuckled, trying to steer a positive perspective.

"what if my father is just using me so he looks good? what if he never cared about me." they very thought, uncovering deep unseated trauma from the countless times of being abandoned. something she refused to relive.

"I get you." he nodded. "my father doesn't talk to me unless it's about the company."

it was strange that even though their personalities were so different, their lives were somewhat similar.

"How are you so fine with it?"

"it's just how I've been raised. But whenever those thoughts come up, I like to push them to the back of my mind, annoy someone, and play laser tag."