Chapter 16

Charlie Winchester worked at Saint Cloud bar. It was in Anchorage Alaska. It was early, just around seven o'clock. The bar would not be open for another four hours. He wanted to make sure everything was ready to be opened. The beer and the beverage were behind locked doors until the bar opened. At least the alcoholic beverage was locked up. Except for the bottles of alcoholic behind the bar.

"Charlie, is there anything you need?" a man asked from the front door.

"No, Jean. I do not need anything for now. I will see you in a few hours," Charlie said.

"Okay, I will be back soon," Jean said.

He left out the door and locked the door behind him.

Charlie put the music on. It was one thing he did not do while others were around. He listened to classical music. He loved how it sounded to him. It was great to listen to. His favorite composer was Tzchovihay. He knew if anyone came in, the alarm system would let him know. He didn't care what other people thought of him; it would always be something he liked to do or should he say listened to. He had a passion for music. He was the owner of Saint Cloud. He could do anything he wanted. He didn't want to lose the bar for following his passion in music. He was hoping he could do both. It did not seem to be working out that way.

Polaris woke up to darkness; she was not sure what exactly had happened. After a couple of minutes, she remembered. She slowly moved to a sitting position, her eyes starting to adjust to the darkness. When her eyes did, she saw she was in a room, which was empty. It was a cell about fifteen feet long to three feet wide. There was not a lot of room to move around.

The only way she could stretch her arms were up toward the sky, not out in front of her. Polaris could feel she was being watched. She was not going to panic in this situation.

"Where's Dominic?" Polaris asked. She waited for a response and got none.

'Dominic, where are you?' Polaris thought. The only response she heard was Dominic screaming in pain.

"Where is Dominic?" Polaris said, raising her voice.

The response better come soon. She was going to try her hardest to get away from this place. She did not know why they were brought here. She just wanted to go home and curl up with Dominic. Right now it doesn't seem like a thing she was going to get.

"Don't worry about him. You should worry about yourself," the voice said. She could not say if it was a man or a woman. The voice was unclear.

"I will worry about anyone I want to worry about. I don't need someone whom I don't know telling me what I can and cannot do. So as far as I am concerned, you can kiss my ass," Polaris told the voice.

"You aren't going to get away so don't even try to escape," the voice said.

"We'll see," Polaris said, as she sat down on the bed it was attached to the wall. It didn't have much room, so it was somewhat of a tight squeeze for her to lie on the cot.

This had the government written all over it. She did not trust the government at all. This just made her trust the government less than she had trusted them.

Scott Carpenter watched the screen of the tour. He was glad he found this gallery. He liked the gallery, so he was going to sign with Brandon Ateara. He completed the webcam tour.

"Okay, Mr. Ateara. Please send over the contract and I will sign it," Scott said, as he looked at Brandon and Joyce.

"Thank you, Mr. Carpenter. I will send the contract tomorrow," Joyce said, as she collected the contract and put it in an envelope. She got the address and wrote it on the envelope. Then she put the correct postage for the contract to get to Scott Carpenter. She laid it on the table and would send it out as soon as they were done with the meeting.