CHAPTER 20

"We are looking for a couple who came in about a couple of hours ago," one of the agents said. Charlie had a feeling he knew the couple they were talking about.

"Can I ask why you need them?" Charlie asked.

"It's classified," Agent Cupknot said.

"Sorry, unless I know why I am not giving any information to you."

"Sir, we must insist you tell us now," Agent Kemp told him.

"No," Charlie said, as he started to walk out.

"We can shut down this bar if we have to," Agent Cupknot told him.

Charlie stopped; he didn't want anything to happen. He knew he had to give them something, or else his bar would be shut down.

They were from the government, and they could do anything they wanted. They could make it seem like he was dealing drugs from his establishment or he was a convict from another state, which would not be true. He was born and raised in Alaska. They could make it seem like he was born somewhere else and he came here to Anchorage, Alaska, earlier or later in his life.

"I did see them. When I turned back they were gone. That's all I know, honest," Charlie said.

"If you see them again, here's our card so you can call us," Agent Cupknot said. Charlie took the card and put it in his pocket. The two agents left the bar. It was like they were not even there. Charlie went back to his job.

Scarlett closed the door to Alex's car. Tosh got into the back. She gave Scarlett an odd look. Scarlett looked back at her.

"If I take their car they will report it stolen. The title to the car is in their name. So if they want the car they can have it," Scarlett told Tosh. Tosh knew she was right, and it was best to let the subject drop. It was exactly what she did.

Alex decided it was best to head home. Scarlett had a life-altering event and he wanted to give her time to digest. They drove quietly toward his home.

"Alex, let's go," Scarlett said.

"Go where?" Alex asked.

"Go to Europe, on a cruise. I do not care right now. I just need to think and I can't do it here," Scarlett said. Alex had been around Scarlett long enough to know it would be a good idea to go somewhere other than where there are now.

"We can go to my place in Paris," Alex suggested. Scarlett looked at him with eyebrows raised.

"I have other places around the world, which will soon be yours as well."

"How many to be exact?"

"I will let you know once we are married."

"Why not now?"

"I want it to be a surprise," Alex said.

"Okay, I will let it go for now. I will want to know as soon as we are married though."

"There will be no secrets between us."

"That's good," Scarlett said, as she turned her attention to Tosh who was in the backseat.

"Tosh, do you need us to drop you somewhere?" Scarlett asked her.

Tosh knew she needed time to digest everything. She was sure Alex and Scarlett wanted to be alone so they could talk. At this time she couldn't think of anywhere to go.