Chapter 7

Dedicated to imamalikerr and mozz95

Hello all!
Hope you're having a great day and are comfortable to read this long chapter!

Here's another quick chapter published to keep you in the mood after a week of not updating......!!

Hurry up and read to not miss any moment of action!!

Enjoy it!☺

****************

The free bird leaps
on the back of the wind
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wings
in the orange sun rays
and dares to claim the sky.

But a bird that stalks
down his narrow cage
can seldom see through
his bars of rage
his wings are clipped and
his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing.

The caged bird sings
with fearful trill
of the things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom

The free bird thinks of another breeze
and the trade winds soft through the sighing trees
and the fat worms waiting on a dawn-bright lawn
and he names the sky his own.

But a caged bird stands on the grave of dreams
his shadow shouts on a nightmare scream
his wings are clipped and his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"We're gonna be late Vee c'mon move it out here. You're not meeting the parents of your lover boy who didn't come yet. We're just hitting the club tonight as every Sunday! No need for all these preparations! " shouts Brianna as she bangs on the bathroom door where her friend has been in for a good hour. As she is about to knock one more time the door flies open and a very beautiful Victoria is standing there dropping every jaw in the room.

"What is it today Vee, you never dressed up like that let alone wear make up, accessories and high heels!" Exclaims Marilyn, hands on the hips, as she eyes her up and down.

"Well,both of you are wrong." She says as she points to each one of them.
" I just wanna feel once like a normal girl going to the club to feel free and not under the spell of the badge and code that I carry wherever I go." Victoria pushes past both of her friends and make her way downstairs as both girls follow. She sits on a sofa in front of a huge TV screen,one leg above the other.

"You know it's been a long time since we went out as for having time for ourselves other than going out with a mission underhand. I want tonight to be never forgotten. " She flips her descending hair on the shoulders backwards and makes her way to the kitchen.

"Then no drinking Vee,you know you're a lightweight and you get quiet embarrassing then. " interrupts Mer , Vee midway .

Victoria stays silent for a couple of moments as if thinking about whether to drink and live with the consequences after or take by Merlin's advice and stay clean and sober tonight.
Moments of uncomfortable,thick silence dominates the place.