Skydrops

THAT definitely didn't bother her for days, ...or weeks, ..just two weeks, or three..

She was already used to his pestering her from a distance, but if he was going to start showing up at her house or work unannounced often, she was probably gonna kill him.

Oddly enough she thought about taking him up on his offer, but never brought it up again of her own accord,

Sure the kid was crazy.

Naive,

Clingy,

Oblivious,

Loud,

And really touchy-feely,

But fuck that, she couldn't deny the fact it was funny as hell to watch or listen to.

She practically had a minion,

She could make him a butler, or something, a loyal servant.

As sadistic as she could be, this didn't sound like a bad idea.

What did he say he wanted...?

To be her boyfriend? What is he 12?

Wait he is 12, Nevermind,

Yeah, sure why the hell not, Jason already thought that was the case;

She waited for him to bring it up again nonetheless.

As she was walking down the street on a mildly rainy day, the pitter-patter of hyperactive little feet grew into earshot behind her.

'Here it goes again..' she thought, bracing for a tap on the shoulder or a high-pitched calling out from behind her for her attention; after walking silently a bit longer, the second pair of footsteps persisting, in hopes of avoiding either greeting, she stopped short, and inevitably was run into by the slightly shorter person walking behind her.

"I don't remember." she said turning around, "Did you ever claim not to be stalking me?"

Tai was wearing a thick, warm raincoat, otherwise drenched from head to toe; his red hair was peeking out of his hood a bit as he blinked blankly, somewhat surprised.

"Nope~!" he declared confidently, spreading his arms out wide.

She just looked at him for a minute, "Well. ...it's flattering, I guess." she said, smiling softly.

He looked excited to see her smile, "You're really pretty when you smile.

But you are normally too. But especially when you're happy." he said, smiling brightly right back;

Emily looked over him again before turning around to keep walking.

"What do you want?"

There was a thick stillness as he paused generously before continuing.

"The sky is crying.." he said looking up into the clouds,

"It's called rain. In English. It does that sometimes." she replied condescendingly, not giving it much thought,

"It does a lot in England." he added thoughtfully, ignoring the dig at his understanding of the language, "Oliver told me once sometimes the sky cries for you to show you it feels your pain. ...And it washes the world clean so you can start a better day tomorrow."

He watched her open hand swing back and forth lightly as she continued down the wet sidewalk, wanting to hold it;

"My Lǎoshī made the rain sound scary, when i asked him he said things like "Tā bèi yān sǐ, méiyǒu bèi yǔshuǐ kùnrǎo." I think...which means..um...." he tripped a bit over his shoes, distracted by his thoughts, "He who is drowned is not bothered by the rain." he finished.