The Meeting

Emily Jones, or otherwise, The United States of America, sat in another pathetic attempt at a world meeting, tapping her nails on the table impatiently.

She figured everything was going as usual, but she wouldn't know that, because she wasn't listening;

It wasn't every meeting they requested the presence of both male and female representations of a nation, the generally resulting chaos didn't fair well for anyone.

At this time only certain nations had been called, but Emily didn't give this a second thought, the only thing she found different about this meeting than any other was the SAR sitting on the other side of the table she'd just noticed, watching her avidly.

She found this odd not only because no one often showed any granted interest in her, and frankly because it's just strange to find someone staring like that, she knew next to nothing about the....whatever it was, or any other small nations or non-nations for that matter, not for lack of education but lack of interest, and so, she didn't have an idea who she was looking at as these thoughts ran through her mind and she found herself staring back.

When the other noticed and waved, smiling brightly, she immediately looked away, at the far wall, and attempted to ignore them until the meeting was over; but couldn't help looking back once or twice, where she would find the same bright face looking back at her, much to her blatant irritation.

Emily decided to stop Yang Wang, -she couldn't help but snicker a bit at the very thought of his name- or The People's Republic of China, to confront him about his subordinate.

"'t's this, bring your daughter to work day?" she asked bitterly, leaning on the frame of the door and blocking his exit.

"He's not my daughter." he replied with a similar tone.

"Well-" as she spoke up again a cheerful, yet shrill, voice rang out behind her, "Lǎoshī!"

Yang directed his attention behind her, narrowing his eyes, "Shi, Hong Kong."

Emily turned around quickly to see, once again, the same amber eyes beaming at her.

"Do you know her, lǎoshī?"

Yang opened his mouth to say something but Emily promptly cut him off, "Everyone knows me. I'm America." she said placing a hand on her bare hip.

"Hi! What's your name? Your hair is pretty, can I smell it?" he said smiling.

She was more taken aback than annoyed with him initially, but quickly snapped back, " 'scuse you...?"

He blinked curiously, tilting his head to the side, "...what?"

Emily just stared at him blankly, he didn't seem to see anything wrong with what he'd just said, as he took note that she was unable to speak and continued, "I'm Hong Kong! my name is Tai Yang Wang." he smiled at her again and reached out to touch her hair.

She immediately slapped his hand away, and glared fiercely "I'd ask who the fuck you think you are if you hadn't just introduced yourself."

He frowned, holding his hands behind his his back "I-I'm..sorry...? Can you please tell me your name?"

"...Emily. Emily Jones." she said relaxing her gaze and sliding her hands into her pockets.

The smile returned to his face, "That's a pretty name."

She just stared at him again.

On what grounds did that call for a compliment?

She shook her head lightly and narrowed her eyes again,

"....do you need something?"

He continued to smile brightly,

"No." he shook his head over-zealously,

"Then why the hell were you staring at me for hours??" as if she wasn't fed up with this kid enough already.

"There wasn't anything else worth looking at after I saw you!"

".....what."

She did not just hear that,

Nope.

Definitely not.

He just stood there in front of her smiling brilliantly;

She...didn't understand this, not at all; why would he say something like that? To her of all people...

She ought to knock him upside the head, but, she didn't want to.

"I said, there wasn't anything else worth looking at after I saw you!"

He said it again.

She had to do something, it certainly wasn't like her to just stand there gawking at him like he'd done something impressive.

Of course by this time Yang was more tired with the both of them then Emily would ever be, so he pushed past her and walked off down the hall; Tai watched him walk away and then turned back to her.

"...Emmy, are you okay?"

She snapped out of it again and placed both hands on her hips, regaining her pessimistic demeanor.

"What did you just call me??"

"...Emmy?"

"Don't fucking call me that."

She started down the hall in a huff,

but this wasn't like her, she was being childish almost.

"But...Emily," he followed her without a second thought; she stopped and turned around again.

"I don't know you, kid, we shouldn't be on a first name basis, you're sure as hell not giving me a nickname, and.......what the FUCK is up with your hair..???"

She became distracted suddenly, as she'd just taken note of his scarlet orange hair.

"...W-what about it?" he asked concernedly, holding his head,

"It's...red." She blinked blankly at him, "...and you're Chinese."

He gave a serious look she was surprised he was even capable of, "I'm not Chinese Emily." he let his arms fall to his sides again, "I'm Hong Kong-...ese." he finished, blinking;

"....Hong Kongese."

Emily lost any kind of impression with him she'd gained, shaking her head "...Fine, you're Asian. ..Is it natural?" she caught herself reaching for his hair and quickly unholstered the pistol on her right hip, fiddling with it to keep her hands busy; of course this didn't go unnoticed, not whatsoever, as Tai jumped considerably and hid behind his hands.

"U-u-um...y-yes..? I haven't done anything to it, a-at least not to change the color.." he looked past his hands slowly and found the epitome of judgemental looks on her face,

"...Yes. Yes, I'm going to kill you." she said tossing the gun into the air and catching it again, "Just in case sarcasm is a little too much for you, that means i'm not. But this thing /is/ loaded.." she cocked the gun over the last few words, and held it terrifyingly close to him, "...and now it's ready to fire." a wide smirk spread across her face, she'd nearly forgotten the sure fire way to rid herself of unwanted attention; ah yes, though it was a last resort, unnecessary violence was her best friend.

Tai remained very frightened, and yet, dove into her, hugging her waist tightly, burying his face in her stomach and pleading with her, "I'm sorry Emmy please don't hurt me! I don't know what I did but i'm sorry!!"

"W-what are you-..?"

Once again any adverse thoughts of him completely disappeared, she was about done with this; "..Just go home, kid." she shrugged him off and continued walking, he began to follow her again until he heard Yang call his name and stopped short, "S-shi lǎoshī!" he turned around and hurried in the other direction, but not before stopping to wave back at her, "Bye Emily! Thanks for not shooting me and have a nice day!"

...She didn't know what made him so different from anyone else, nor did it matter to her, she was leaving now, and she likely wouldn't see him again.