two.

onika point of view
miami, fl
august 3rd 2023

I slept maybe a total of three hours the night Bey came back. My mind was all over the place.

I had so many questions and she didn't want to answer of any of them which led my mind to go to the worst answers.

I still couldn't believe it.

Honestly, the situation was weird to me. Bey was acting way too normal and it didn't make sense.
She basically told me she killed her abuser and she didn't even seem slightly shaken up by that, or anything else.

Even though she seemed fine, I knew whatever she was going through for her to be gone for a year and a half couldn't have been good. 

Robyn told me what that man put her through and I could only imagine it being worse this time around since she left him.

Just as I was starting to dream, my phone started to ring. I groaned but still grabbed my phone and answered, I was already awake so it didn't matter. "Hello?"

"Hey, Onika." It was Robyn. "Did I wake you?"

I yawned. "Kind of, but it's fine. What's up?"

"I have work but I don't want to leave Bey here alone by herself. Can you stay with her?"

I smiled and say up. "Yeah, of course. I can
come pick her up."

She took a deep breath. "Thank you, you're an angel. I have work in two hours."

"Of course. I'll be there in an hour and a half most. See you soon."

"See you." She hung up the phone first. 

I stayed in bed for a while before I got up and went to take a shower. I was extra meticulous about getting ready since I knew I was going to see Bey. It barely even felt real.

I wanted to show her how much I changed and matured. The person I was now was a completely different person from the one she used to know.

It's been so long, we would probably have to get to know each other all over again.

I wanted to be comfortable since I assumed we were going to be together all day so I dressed in grey Essentials sweatshorts and a matching t-shirt.

I was running a little late on time and I knew Robyn had work so I rushed to get everything I needed to and leave the house.

Robyn didn't live far so driving there wasn't a problem, especially at the speed I drive at. I didn't really feel like going up to the door but I didn't have Beys number to call her so I had to.
I rang the doorbell a couple times and then got on my phone while I waited.

Bey came to the door wearing track pants and a white crop top. I couldn't tell if the clothes were hers or Robyn's since they didn't really look her style, but she looked good either way.

She smiled and gave me a hug. "Hey."
"Hey." I squeezed her extra tight, it was still crazy that she was here.

She let me all the way in but we stayed in the doorway of house. "Sorry for making you do this, Robyn thinks I'm a baby that can't be left alone for a second."

"Well I wanted to spend time with you anyway, and she's just scared to lose you." Especially since we don't know the whole story of where she was and how she got back.

"Yeah, I know. I get it, I just don't want to feel like I have to be babysat."

"You're not, we're just hanging out because I miss you." I quickly looked around. "Where's Robyn?"