7~ || WAS IT A CONSPIRACY? ||

"FATHER'S LOVE" 

My senses began to gather gradually and fragmentarily. My eyes felt heavy as if I had been drugged.

I was struggling to open my eyelashes against the room's bright lights. I took some time to adjust, and my vision was soon filled with the four white walls of the room.

The room felt familiar to me. I noticed I was lying in Uncle Devendra's chamber.

Memories filled my mind like water.

I got up and sat upright. My hands shook and my breathing grew shallow, as I acknowledged.

His threat. His warning. His words.

My body felt numb from movement. My breathing elevated.

Who was he? How did he know about me? Did he know my story, or was it a prank? How did he manage to reach me?

Several questions emerged in my mind.

It was frightening to think that someone unknown knew where I was and what I was doing. The possibility of being watched made my spirit shudder.

I pushed myself to think closely about what happened at the moment. However, before losing consciousness, all I was aware of was Advishya's screams before succumbing to darkness.

A jittery sensation passed over me as I realized I was not alone; Advishya was with me.

I gasped at how she would have managed and how we arrived home. In desperation to see her, I was about to bug out of bed to search for her.

When the room's door clicked open and at the door stood Uncle carrying a bowl. I frowned at his gesture, but soon it turned into a small smile as he delightfully chimed, "Finally, you are awake. You made all of us afraid."

'Afraid?' I wanted to know whether my parents were worried about my condition. Were they concerned about me, but knowing the reality, I did not propel myself.

He placed the dish on the side table, and I was in his tight grasp in a matter of seconds. A tingling temptation crept over me. I rushed back and unintentionally faked a grin. The feeling was uncomfortable for me since I was not a person who enjoyed physical contact.