Chapter 13

A few days later you decided to stop hiding in your room before someone came back and went looking for you, Pepper was probably already doing so. It's not like you could change things, you were pregnant and a complete realm away from their father.

A realm where something happened and everybody hated him.

Sitting on your bed late one night as Rían slept you slowly rubbed a hand across your lower stomach, you didn't hate or not want this child, you'd spent the last six months hoping for this; it was just your luck that you finally conceived the same month Baldr pushed you into a portal.

"Hey baby, mummy loves you," you whispered towards your stomach with a smile. "Daddy is going to be so excited when he finds out about you."

Stilling your movements you left your hand sitting on your lower stomach as your thoughts drifted to Loki, you missed him and the fact he was missing out on these early months again made you sad.

Looking back towards your son you lightly stroked a strand of hair off his forehead and felt the corner of your lips twitch as you tried to repress a smile as a thought popped into your head.

"If you're the wolf then this boy is the serpent, but like you I will not give him that name because none of it is true."

Well you assumed a boy, you knew Loki wouldn't care as long as this baby was healthy. You were just going to take this one day at a time and hope you were back in Asgard before having to give birth.

Everyone was coming back tonight from what JARVIS had told you that morning when you woke so later that day you headed to the kitchen to cook dinner. You had missed this over the last few days, sticking to leftovers or takeaway and the monotony was just what you needed to stop the thoughts swirling through your mind.

Sitting Rían in the highchair and giving him something to play with.

"Na na." Rían held out his hand and asked.

"No banana Ry, not yet. Let mummy cook first then banana."

Rían pouted slightly before getting distracted by his toy as you got the items out the fridge and got stuck into it.

Unfortunately your mind decided to wander back to something your mother had mentioned when you were younger, the book Steve gave you making you rethink a lot of things.

"Why do you keep telling me these stories? Aren't they just make believe?"

"Stories my little fawn have meaning in them. They can be warnings. They can be truth. They can be lies. They can show you where to go or what to stay away from."

You nodded at what your mother told you. "Who are these ones?" you asked, pointing to one page.

You watched your mother look at the page with something like longing before she turned back to you with a smile. "That depends, darling. Some say Hades and Persephone, others say Cernunnos and Beltane; either way they represent Winter and Spring in nature. Life and Death."

"But they are so different from each other."

"Different people have different views, some twisted the stories to shine darkness on what was once seen as a great love, others made up things to keep it entertaining or amuse small children." She lightly tickled you.

"Like this one?" you asked, pointing to another page.

"Yes."

"But if he loved her, why marry again?"

"Some people say that both these women are actually one and the same, those that did not understand split them in two to represent both sides of her personality. One the loving wife and mother, the other a force of destruction."