7.Heartless

Is qadar tu har ek
Pal main mere shaamil hogya
Lo safar suru hogya
Hum safar Tu hogaya

Tanya Pov:

He asked me directly, 'Do you take medication?' Judging by his expression, I feel like perhaps I shouldn't have shared that, but now it's too late-I already have

I had nothing to say, so I nodded slowly. He just stood there, silently watching me. After a while, I broke the silence and said,

"Because sometimes the pain becomes unbearable, more than I can handle." I chuckled as I spoke. He remained quiet, listening intently, so I continued,

"What can I do, Mr. Rathor? This pain-it neither lets me live in peace nor die in peace."

It's possible that he might judge me, but when I look into his eyes, I catch a glimmer of something-compassion, perhaps? There's a softness there that makes me wonder, maybe... just maybe, he understands.

"Anyway, let's leave all that aside. Tell me something about yourself, what you like the most" I said. As soon as the words left my mouth, he closed his eyes, and I wondered, should I not have asked? But he did ask me first, after all. "Only if you feel like it," I added quickly. I can't force anyone to share. It just felt right to ask, so I did.

I was still lost in my thoughts, wondering whether I should have asked or not, when suddenly he said something completely unexpected, something I had no idea about.

"until now, there wasn't anything, but it feels like something is definitely about to happen."

"Huu?"

"Coffee-I like coffee. My day starts with coffee and ends with coffee," he said suddenly. Looking at him, I felt that perhaps what I heard earlier was wrong, and maybe there was a misunderstanding on my part. It must have been a simple mix-up.

"Yes, I'll keep that in mind," I said, already thinking that I would make coffee for him first thing the next morning.

"Why? I mean, why will you keep that in mind?" he asked, turning fully towards me with a curious expression

"Because I'll have your coffee ready in the morning," I said. I wondered if it was really something worth asking about-after all, when I said I would keep it in mind, it was obvious I meant I'd be making it.

"No, there's no need for that. We have people to handle things around the house. Besides, you're Ayan Singh Rathor's wife. I don't want my wife to be working for anyone, even if it's me."

I was utterly overwhelmed, with a surge of emotions that words couldn't fully convey-especially when he mentioned that I was his wife. It felt like a whirlwind of butterflies, a profound mix of surprise and emotional intensity that left me Speechless. His declaration carried a weight and significance that struck me deeply, making it hard to process everything all at once.

He fell silent, clearly waiting for me to say something. But I was at a complete loss for words; the impact of his statement had left me so stunned that I couldn't find a response. My mind raced, trying to process his words, while my emotions swirled in a tumultuous mix of surprise and admiration.

"Mujhe... Mujhe kaam karna pasand hai Mr Rathor, waha main hi kiya karti thi sb kuch"

[I like to work, Mr. Rathor. I used to handle everything there myself."]