chapter nine

step father

"is this okay mom?" i ask, walking into my moms room.

i wore a sleek black silk dress which landed just above my knees with black heels and some silver jewelry.

"you look lovely honey." mom smiles.

"mom, is this good?" seungmin asks as he stands next to me.

he wore a black dress shirt with sleek black pants along with silver jewelry like me.

"you two look great but you do know that we are going to a dinner, not a funeral right?" mom laughs.

"this is the only fancy-ish piece of clothing i own." i say, crossing my arms.

"yeah same." seungmin says, crossing his arms.

"stop copying me." i say, glaring at him.

"stop copying me."

"SHUT UP." i yell, smacking the back of his head.

"HEY-"

"calm down you two. let me get changed." mom sighs, closing her bedroom door as we scurry out of her room.

i walk into my bathroom and quickly put my hair into a high ponytail, making sure to leave a few strands out in the front.

~

"everyone ready?" mom asks, walking down the stairs.

"wow mom, you look great." i smile.

she wore a long black dress with gold jewelry.

"thank you, i was going to wear some colour but since you two both decided to wear black i thought why not." she smiles.

"well, lets get this over and done with." seungmin sighs.

"be nice." i say, smacking the back of his head.

"stop hitting me. mom!!" seungmin whines.

"oh shut up you big baby." i say, rolling my eyes.

"none of this in front of seokjin." mom says, pointing at the two of us.

"who?" seungmin asks.

"the man shes seeing, stupid." i say.

"rightttt."

mom sighs as we exit the house and make our way to the car.

the drive to his house is about 15 minutes so i put my headphones in and play some music.

halfway through the drive i hear my name being called so i take off my headphones.

"seokjin has one son, your age nuka, and one daughter who's your age seungmin." mom says.

me and seungmin nod.

"i know its early into the relationship but seokjin is a really nice man, so please behave in front of him and his family. he could be your step father in the future." she continues.