chapter five

gym

kim nuka

I rub my eyes as I get up out of bed and turn off my alarm. I change into my uniform then head downstairs where mom was making breakfast.

 I change into my uniform then head downstairs where mom was making breakfast

"You look horrible."

"Piss off Seungmin." I say, rolling my eyes at my brother.

I sit down a few seats over from him and start eating.

"Thanks mom." I smile and quickly finish up, in which she returns the smile with a your welcome.

I grab my bag and head for the door.

"WAIT-" Seungmin yells, reaching the door before it closes behind me.

"Ughhhh can't you walk alone?" I sigh as he catches up to me.

"Shut up, you're just mad more people like me." He says, rolling his eyes.

"Please, I don't care about that stuff." I say.

"Sure, you and your friends are literally the most popular girls at school." He states.

"I didn't choose to be."

"Cocky much." He laughs.

"I don't like popular kids." I say, crossing my arms.

"You're so confusing, you are popular. And you like someone who's popular." He scoffs.

"Minho isn't that popular." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Well fifty percent of the school population is crushing on him, girls and boys." He laughs. "And the other fifty percent likes you." He sighs.

I roll my eyes and bid him goodbye as we enter school property.

I look around for my little group of friends where we usually meet and walk up to them once I spot them.

"Good morning Nuka!" Danielle says, wrapping her arms around me in a hug.

"I seriously cannot fathom how you wake up and not have the urge to throw yourself off the school roof." I laugh, hugging her back.

"Right?" Chaeryeong sighs, struggling to keep her eyes open.

"I'm gonna throw myself off the roof if I don't pass this test, I studied all god damn night preparing." Yuqi sighs.

"I'll gladly push you." Giselle laughs.

Yuqi is the oldest and always gets the highest mark in all of her classes. And she's always studying. She's usually turning down every guy who builds up the courage to talk to her but deep down we all know she likes the attention.

Chaeryeong on the other hand barely passes her classes, she's chill and so are her parents so we usually hang out and throw parties at her place.

I guess you could say that I'm the creative and adventurous one of our little group. I'm decently popular, probably the second most popular out of my friends. The only difference is I don't enjoy it.