15.

Aimlessness

‧₊˚ ⋅* ‧₊

I was sitting at a rooftop, legs dangling down into the cold air. The stars shone brightly, no moon in sight.

It had been days- maybe weeks since I had last seen my brother. I had thrown away the device Dabi had given me and I was wandering around the outskirts of Fukuoka, booking a different motel every night. Some days I skipped booking, and I stayed up all night to fly around instead.

I felt my eyes droop from tiredness, begging for sleep. My muscles ached from flying and moving around all day, but I couldn't return yet. Not before I made up my mind about what I wanted.

Would I go back to everything I had, a position giving me tenure, Hawks trying to make it up, being a bright, new hero and staying where I got comfort? Or would I return to my only family, see more bad magic tricks by high-ranked villains and lose all connections to my old life?

I sucked in a breath as I leaned into my hands, trying not to let tears pool in my eyes again. I had enough of crying and weeping, I just wanted it to be over. I wished I didn't have a decision like this to make, and to just come home to my apartment and enjoy whatever life brought me.

I thought back to every person in my life who made it a little better, and I closed my eyes to remember it fully.

My parents, whom I held in a loving memory, were different now. Was what Shigaraki told me true? How would I ever find out?

I looked up to the sky, hoping to maybe find an answer in the stars.

I opened my mouth, but quickly closed it due to not wanting to seem mental. Would it be that weird if I tried?

I opened my mouth again, words halting as I tried to muster up the courage.

"Hi Mom and Dad," I whispered to the stars, tears once again dwelling in my eyes. Were they the bad people I heard they were, or were they the caring parents I thought they were?

"I don't know what to do," I said as my voice broke. "I miss you,"

"I hope what Tenko said isn't true. I love you, and I think about you everyday." I cried, laying down on my back.

I wiped away my tears, trying to get rid of the agony that was nagging on my heart.

Suddenly, it hit me. I knew where to go- who to talk to.

-

I knocked on the white door of the apartment, hoping to get a response. It was 2am, yet I wasn't too sure about him being asleep.

The door opened, and there he was. Aizawa stood there grumpily in his pajamas, looking at me before his eyes softened.

He pulled me in for a hug, not even letting me speak first.

"Thank God you're okay, (Y/N)." He carped as he tightened his arms around me.

"What were you thinking, leaving like that? I knew the news about you being fine wasn't okay when you ignored my messages. Where were you?" He asked as he pulled me inside, closing the door behind him quickly.

I walked with him into his living room, his hand never letting go of my arm. He sat me down on his couch, and he walked over to the chair on the other side of the coffee table.

I opened my mouth to speak, but he quickly got up again.

"Wait, let me get you something to drink- no offense, but you look awful," He grumbled as he stood up. I half smiled at this, almost feeling at home.