Chapter 15

Yoj Acero

I watched how Haliya's figure rose and fell due to her calm breathing. She's still asleep, and probably hung over. I left a glass of water with a note on it, and a pain reliever pill on the bedside table.

I adjusted the duvet on her body and medyo hininaan ko ang aircon. She stirred in her sleep, but didn't wake up. I smiled at myself, knowing Haliya is slowly warming up to me. And not giving me a bitchy attitude, most of the time.

Iniwan ko muna siyang natutulog sa kwarto ko.

Then I prepared the ingredients to make her some breakfast. Just pancakes with blueberries on it, and I brewed some coffee for the both of us. I even called the management to bring Abbi her breakfast along with a pain reliever.

While I was flipping the pancakes over, I heard Haliya's footsteps making her way towards my direction.

Once in view, she looked pissed. Even when she's angry, she still manages to be gorgeous. How unfair the gods are.

"Did something happen last night?" Nababahala niyang tanong. She looks confused.

"Good morning to you, too."

I just want to tease her a bit.

"You're wearing my shirt, so figure it out."

"Acero!" She warned. I just chuckled at her reaction.

I turned off the stove and put the pancake on the plate. I set up the table already. The coffee is the only thing missing on the set up.

"Why don't you sit down first?"

Wala siyang nagawa at buti naman sinunod niya ako. Pinag hila ko siya ng upuan, after that I poured her cup with coffee, as well as mine.

Then, I sat down beside her. She even looked me up and down, wondering why the hell I was beside her.

"There's plenty of empty chairs." She pointed it out.

"I know. I just want to sit closer to you. And you can't do anything about it."

She didn't say a thing, and started to eat breakfast. Kumain na rin ako.

"M-May nangyari ba talaga sa atin?" She said when we were halfway through our breakfast.

"Relax. Nothing happened. Besides, I don't want to sleep with you while you're drunk. Mas gusto ko 'yung naaalala mo 'yung mga nangyayari."

Napansin kong namumula ang mga pisngi niya, na siyang dahilan para ikinatuwa ko.

"You're so full of yourself." Sabi nito nang makabawi siya.

"I heard that already. And you were begging me to not leave you last night."

"A-Ang kapal mo!"

I just laughed at her, "You should shower. I'm gonna tour you around after." sabi ko sa kanya. She continued to eat while I just stared at her. Buti na rin talaga at nauna akong maligo kanina. Para diretso na kami para lumabas.

The villa's telephone rang, and I stood up to answer it in the living room. It was Darwin, he says my Jeep has already arrived at the resort. I thanked him, and ended the call. That was the thing I called in last night, naisipan kong tawagan si Cole, para ipahatid sa isa sa mga tauhan namin ang Jeep ko dito.

Might as well use it here, since we're having vacation.

Pagbalik ko ng kusina, Haliya's done eating her breakfast. I was glad that she didn't leave anything on her plate.