On the Edge of Escape {Chapter 8}

Dabi finally stepped back, giving me some space, but the tension between us didn't really go away. Before I could catch my breath, Shigaraki came back from the conversation with Dabi, his expression twisted with something that made my stomach turn. Dabi shot him an annoyed look, clearly not thrilled about whatever they'd just discussed.

"Did you figure it out?" Dabi asked, his tone was soft as he leaned against the wall, glancing at me with frustration. Shigaraki barely looked at him, his focus on me as he nodded. "Yeah, we're going with Plan B. She's too stubborn to cooperate."

Dabi rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. "You sure about that? I mean, we could still have a little fun before handing her over." Shigaraki's expression hardened. "We're not here to play games, Dabi. All For One wants her quirk, and he's getting impatient."

I could feel the blood drain from my face. "You're going to.....". "-Give you to All For One," Shigaraki cut me off, his tone sharp asf. "He'll take that quirk of yours and make it useful." Dabi sighed, clearly annoyed with Shigaraki's no-nonsense attitude.

"You know, you really know how to kill the mood," he muttered before turning back to me, his voice dropping to a teasing whisper. "But don't worry were not done with you yet" I tried to pull away, but Dabi stepped closer, his gaze locking onto mine. "You really should've just played along,"

he continued, ignoring Shigaraki's glare. "Now we're stuck with Plan B, and trust me, that's no fun for anyone." Shigaraki's patience was wearing thin. "Enough, Dabi. We don't have time for this. Get her ready. We're getting out this shit hole soon." Dabi rolled his eyes. "Fine, fine," he grumbled, but then leaned in closer to me, his breath warm against my ear. "But don't think this is over, okay? I'll be around. Maybe we'll get some more time to... talk."

I tried to keep my expression neutral, but Dabi's keep having his eyes lingered on me made it nearly impossible. "You're wasting your time," I muttered, trying to sound more confident than I felt. Shigaraki, already halfway out the door, threw a sharp look over his shoulder. "Let's go, now Dabi."

Dabi gave me one last lingering look, his annoyance with Shigaraki clear. "Yeah, yeah, I'm coming," he called back, but not before whispering to me, "Don't miss me too much, alright?" With that, he turned and followed Shigaraki, leaving me alone with the terrifying knowledge of what they had planned.

As soon as Dabi and Shigaraki left, I felt the weight of the situation crush down on me even more. My heart raced as I tried to think of a way out, desperate to avoid whatever horrible plan they had. But before I could come up with anything, the door swung open again, and Dabi was back. He looked irritated, his jaw clenched as he walked in, eyes locked on me with that unsettling feeling. He clearly wasn't thrilled.

"Here's the deal," Dabi started, his voice carrying a rough edge as he leaned against the wall. "Shigaraki's got this big plan, and as much as he pisses me off, I've got to admit, it's a good one. But following his orders? Not exactly my favorite thing to do." He ran a hand through his hair, clearly frustrated, but that didn't stop him from shooting me that same twisted smirk.

"But hey, it's not like I've got a choice, right? Stain's not around to do things his way, and I'm stuck following Shigaraki's lead." I swallowed hard, trying to keep my voice steady. "I'm not going to let All For One take my quirk," I said, my voice trembling but firm.

Dabi chuckled, though there was a bitterness to it. "You've got guts, I'll give you that. But you're in deep now, sweetheart. Shigaraki's plan is in motion, and I'm not exactly in a position to go against it. Even if he's pissing me off every step of the way." He stepped closer, his eyes narrowing as he looked me over.

"But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy myself a little along the way. You're making this more fun than I expected." I tried to pull away, but Dabi's wasnt gonna let that happen. "You don't have to do this," I pleaded, trying to find some fucking sense in him . "You don't have to follow his orders." Dabi sighed, clearly annoyed.

"Yeah, I do. Whether I like it or not, Shigaraki's plan is the best shot we've got. But don't think for a second that I'm happy about taking orders from him. If I could, I'd do things my way, no question." Just then, Shigaraki's voice echoed down the hallway, barking more orders. Dabi's expression darkened, his frustration with Shigaraki evident.

"See what I mean?" he muttered, more to himself than to me. "He's got everyone jumping through hoops for him, and I'm stuck playing along." Shigaraki entered the room, his eyes flicking between me and Dabi, noticing the tension. "We don't have time for this," Shigaraki snapped, his voice sharp. "Let's move." Dabi clenched his jaw, clearly holding back some choice words.

"Yeah, fine. Let's get this over with," he replied, his tone clipped. But before they moved to grab me, Dabi leaned in closer, his voice dropping to a dangerous whisper. "Just remember, I'm not doing this for him. But you're not going anywhere until this is done." As they dragged me out of the room, my heart pounded with fear.

I knew I couldn't let them take my quirk, couldn't let All For One steal it. I had to find a way out before it was too late. They had me all tied up, forcing me to stumble along between them as we made our way through the darkened streets. Shigaraki walked ahead, his presence cold, while Dabi stuck close behind me, his eyes never leaving me with a irritating gaze.

My heart pounded in my chest as the reality of what was about to happen settled in All For One was waiting, and I was being delivered right into his hands. "So, you ready to meet the big guy?" Dabi asked, his tone casual but with a sharp edge. "He's been looking forward to this, you know." I ignore and glared at him, refusing to give him the satisfaction of seeing me scared.

"It's happening whether you like it or not." I bit down on my lip, trying to push down the panic rising in my chest. Just as I was about to lose hope, I heard footsteps pounding against the pavement, coming fast. Before I could even process what was happening, Todoroki appeared out of the shadows, his eyes blazing with determination."Todoroki!" I gasped.

 relief washing over me. He had been searching for me, and now he was here. Dabi's eyes narrowed as he stepped closer, clearly not happy about the interruption. "Well, well, look who decided to show up," he sneered, his voice dripping with annoyance. "You really think you can just waltz in and take her back?" Todoroki ignored him, his focus solely on me. "I've been looking everywhere for you," he said, his voice filled with urgency.

 "I'm getting you out of here." Shigaraki let out a low, unimpressed laugh. "You must be either brave or stupid," he said, his tone icy. "Do you really think you can take us both on?" Todoroki didn't flinch, his jaw set in determination. "I'm not leaving without her," he said firmly, his voice unwavering. Dabi stepped forward, his irritation growing.

 "You're really starting to piss me off," he muttered, his gaze locked on Todoroki. "But if you want to make this difficult, fine by me." Todoroki didn't back down, his eyes blazing with resolve. "I don't care what it takes," he said, his voice strong. "I'm not letting you take her." Dabi smirked, his annoyance evident. "You're out of your depth, kid," he taunted.

"But if you're so eager to get yourself killed, be my guest." Shigaraki's expression darkened as he took a step closer. "You don't stand a chance," he warned, his voice low and menacing. "But by all means, try." Todoroki's eyes flicked to me, and I could see the desperation in them. "I'm getting you out of here," he promised, his voice full of determination. My heart swelled with hope as I watched him face off against them, knowing he wouldn't give up without a fight. No matter what, I wasn't alone anymore.

{1410 words}