Unyielding

King's Landing

6 years later

"Try all you want, Jace, you can't catch me!" A 6 year old Daemion Velaryon shouted. His 5 year old brother Jace was chasing him in the Red Keep. They would always play together, and Daemion loved the fact that he had a brother.

"I'll get you!" A 5 year old Aemond shouted as he appeared in front of Daemion, but Daemion easily evaded him.

"Nice try!" Daemion said. He looked behind him and laughed at the boys. When he looked in front of him, he saw armor. It was too late to stop, and Daemion hit his head against the armor. "Ow!" He rubbed his head.

"Get up." Daemion heard a familiar voice, and when he looked up, he saw Ser Criston Cole.

"My apologies, Ser Criston. The three of us were playing, and I didn't see where I was going." Daemion chuckled.

"Next time, watch where you're going. Enough of this roughhousing. You have training. All of you." Ser Criston walked away. Aemond and Jacaerys helped Daemion up.

"He's always mean to me. I don't know why." Daemion said.

"You should tell Mother." Jace suggested.

"I did, and mother told me that I shouldn't pay any mind to it and that he's a grumpy old man." The boys laughed.

Training yard

Daemion, Jace, Aegon, and Aemond were training in the training yard. Daemion was fascinated by knights who were training around him.

"Your enemy is in front of you." Ser Criston told Daemion.

"I'm sorry, Ser Criston." Daemion apologized.

"Stop apologizing." Ser Criston commanded. "Archery. Now." Daemion picked up his bow and arrows. He then aimed at the straw dummy, which was 10 feet away from him. "Nock." Daemion nocked his arrow into the bow string. "Draw." Daemion drew his arrow. "Loose!" Daemion let his arrow loose, and it hit its mark.

"I did it!" Daemion yelled, and the crowd applauded at the young prince.

"Step back 5 paces." Ser Criston said. Daemion did what he was told. "Now try again. Nock. Draw. Loose!" Daemion fired his arrow, and it hit its mark again. The crowd applauded, but Ser Criston was seething. He then walked to Daemion and removed all his arrows from his quiver but left only two arrows. He roughly turned the boy to his left. Daemion saw three straw dummies that were 20 feet away from him. "Three targets. Two arrows. What will you do now?"

"Perhaps that is enough for today." Ser Harwin said.

"No, Ser Harwin. I want to try." Daemion insisted.

"Very well." Harwin said, and Ser Criston glared at him.

Daemion took a few steps back and took a deep breath as he pulled out his arrow and nocked. He then drew the arrow and let it loose. He immediately pulled out the second arrow and nocked and loosened the second arrow as well. The second arrow was faster than the first. The second arrow reached the first arrow and split the first arrow in two. The now divided first arrow hit the left and right straw dummy while the second arrow hit the middle straw dummy.

The yard was silent. Suddenly, someone started clapping. Daemion turned to see Ser Harwin applauding to what he had done.

"Well done!" Ser Harwin yelled. Ser Criston himself was shocked.

"Thank you, Ser. I have to tell my grandsire and father." Daemion immediately ran back inside and threw the bow at Ser Criston, who caught it.

Viserys' chambers