Setting Sun

Dragonstone

One year later

Daemion and Heleanas chambers

"Have you thought of any names yet?" Rhaenyra asked Heleana.

"We have." Heleana smiled and massaged her 4 month pregnant belly. "For a boy, Daemion and I have decided on calling him Maelor, and for a girl, we've decided to call her Maella."

"Those are beautiful choices." Rhaenyra said. She watched as her granddaughter Daenerys was playing with her knight made of dragon bone. "She never gets tired of that toy, does she?"

Heleana looked at her daughter. "She even sleeps with it. I'm sure Daemion knew even when she was in my belly that she would be more knight than lady."

Rhaenyra chuckled. "Yes, well, that only tells me that she's a Targaryen indeed."

"Oof!" Heleana groaned as he felt her baby kicking. "He's very troublesome today."

"He?" Rhaenyra inquired.

Heleana smiled. "Maester Gerardys said the way I'm carrying, it could be a boy. Sister, can I ask you something?"

"Of course." Rhaenyra said.

"Why did you hide Daemions' true father from him?" Heleana asked.

Rhaenyra sighed and cleared her throat. "When Daemion was born, I couldn't sleep. He didn't cry as much as his brothers, but that's not why I couldn't sleep. It's because the thought of someone taking him away from me made me so scared, and when Criston Cole wanted to kill him as a babe, I thought of nothing more than protecting Daemion from this horrible world."

"He loves you. You're his mother, and he will always love you. All he asks from you is honesty." Heleana said. "He will forgive anything you do, but you have to tell him first. He is your son, yes, but he is also your heir. You have to trust him if you wish for him to trust you."

Rhaenyra tearfully nodded and held her sisters hand. "Thank you, Heleana. I want you to know that I'm grateful to you as well. My son couldn't have had a better wife than you."

Heleana smiled. "I love him. I love who he is. I don't care what his parentage is. Daemion Velaryon is my husband and the only man I love."

Rhaenyra smiled and wiped her tears away. "Speaking of which, where is Daemion?"

"He and Daemon are retrieving an egg for the babe." Heleana said.

Dragonmont

"If I knew you were going to be this slow, I would've done this alone." Daemion said.

"Yes, well, if we're going to do this, it's best we do it right." Daemon said.

Daemion chuckled. He then smiled as he found what he was looking for. He took a pick axe and started lightly beating a black hard shell cover and saw three eggs.

"What a beauty. Thank you, Dreamfyre." Daemion smirked at Daemon.

Once Daemion and Daemon left the dragonmont, they were approached by two dragonkeepers.

Dreamfyre maghatan "iā arlie clutch.  Hāre drōma.  Hāre drōma." (Dreamfyre brought a fresh clutch. Three eggs. Three eggs.) Daemion removed his bag that had the eggs and handed it to the dragonkeeper. "Ūndegon bona issi placed isse se warming chamber." (See that they are placed in the warming chamber.)

"Rȳ istin, ñuha dārilaros." (At once, my prince.) The elder dragonkeeper then revealed a small scroll to Daemon. "Se Giēñatī maghatan bisa.  Ziry sepār arrived hen riña baela va driftmark." (The maester brought this. It just arrived from Lady Baela on Driftmark.) The dragonkeepers then left Daemon and Daemion.