Raging Storm

The next morning

Daemion and Heleanas chambers

Daemion smiled as he saw Heleanas naked back turned at him. He slowly moved and traced his fingers on her shoulder and started kissing it.

"This defeats the purpose of sleeping in." Heleana said.

"Well, forgive me for being enchanted by your beauty." Daemion continued kissing her shoulder. "How are you feeling?"

"I should be asking you that question." Heleana said. She knew today was difficult for her husband, and she hated seeing him sad.

"I'm worried about our family. I'm worried about Jace. I'm worried about the king. I'm worried about my mother." Daemion said. "I wish there was a way to avoid all of this."

Heleana carefully turned to face Daemion. "Sometimes the most difficult choices are the right ones."

"I know. I just want to run away sometimes. I want to take you and our children somewhere far away from all this plotting and scheming." Daemion said.

Heleana smiled. "One day all this will be a thing of the past, and we will be together and happy." They heard a knock on the door.

"Heleana. It's your mother." Alicent said.

"We're not dressed." Heleana said.

Daemion sighed. "It was fun while it lasted." He kissed Heleana on her forehead. They took a bath together and quickly got dressed. "I'll see you at the petition." Daemion opened the door and saw Alicent. "Your grace." He greeted.

"Prince Daemion." Alicent greeted back.

"I'll take my leave. I need to see my brothers." Daemion said, and once Alicent entered the room, he left.

"My daughter." Alicent happily greeted.

"Mother." Heleana greeted back.

"I'm sorry I couldn't see you yesterday. I was busy." Alicent said.

"I understand." Heleana said.

"Where's your daughter?" Alicent asked.

"Rhaenyra is watching over her with Elinda." Heleana replied.

"You never told me that you were pregnant. Was it Daemion who convinced you to denounce your mother?" Alicent inquired.

"Daemion insisted on telling you, but I was the one who didn't want you to know." Heleana said.

This shocked Alicent. "Why?"

"Because you would've tried once again to have me leave Dragonstone and live with you." Heleana pointed out.

"Heleana-" The Hightower queen was cut off by her daughter.

"Don't deny it." Heleana said. "You've always wanted me away from Daemion. You wanted it since Father betrothed us, but you refuse to see how happy I am. How much I love him. "

"I only wanted to protect you." Alicent said.

"You wanted to control me." Heleana said. "Hours before my wedding, you told me that Daemion is a bastard, but I don't care about Daemions parentage. I won't leave him, mother. Not now. Not ever."

Jace, Luke, and Jofferys chambers

"Are you ready?" Daemion asked Jace.

"No." Jace replied.

"You will be." Luke said.

"Regardless of the out of this petition, I'm going to be here for you, Jace." Daemion said.