CH.1 - new guy

As the classroom starts to fill with students I patiently wait for my friend to arrive. It's not surprising at all when he arrives to class almost 20 minutes late. I have no idea why he doesn't set an alarm so he can be on time for once but deep down I know that even with an alarm he's still end up being late. I sigh as he takes his seat next to me.

"It's nice of you to actually show up." I joke as I let him copy my notes of what has been taught so far

"Yeah,yeah, I'm early compared to yesterday." Josh rolls his eyes

"Still, you paid for these classes. Might as well show up on time."

"Sorry that I have a job and do night shifts." He pushes my notebook back to me

"I do nightshifts as well and I still get here on time."

"Sorry mom, I'll be on time tomorrow." I can feel the sass coming from his voice

"We don't have class tomorrow.."

"Perfect, so you know I won't be late." He gives me a toothy grin

"I hate you." I shake my head

"Yet you still choose to live with me over Grant."

"I'm instantly regretting my decision."

"It's too late now." He winks

As we're arguing I didn't even notice that someone else has walked into the room, not until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Sorry, is this seat taken?" A guy with long hair asks

"N-no."

"Cool." He smiles

I turn back to looking at Josh. By the look on his face I know that he's about to say something really fucking stupid so I look back at the professor and continue with my notes.

Once the class is over I pack my bag and walk out the door. Josh quickly catches up next to me.

"Why don't you ever wait for me? Our next class is literally right next to each other." He rolls his eyes as he tried to catch his breath

"I don't wait for you because I know that you'll make me late."

"Whatever, your just mad I was going to make fun of you for blushing earlier." He laughs

"Blushing?" I stop walking

"Yeah, when that guy sat next to you. You were practically drooling." He laughs even more

"N-no I wasn't!" I argue

"Sure, if you think he's cute then just say it." Josh drags me so we can walk to our class

"I'm not saying anything."

The rest of the walk was quite, a nice quiet. It let me think about the new guy. I know it's kinda childish to refer to someone as the "new student" and typically I wouldn't care about who sits next to me in class, as long as they shower and knows how to use deodorant. But the guy that sat next to me today was handsome. He had a Mexican accent and fuck was it attractive. Even from the few words that he said I know that I could instantly fall in love with him.

Once we go to our classes we said our goodbyes and went our own way. I took my seat in the back and waited for the class to start. As the last group of students rush in I see him again. I feel my cheeks start to heat up as he sits next to me.

The class is boring and I can barely pay attention to the teacher. All I can this about is how cute the guy next to me is and how lucky I am that he sat next to me two classes in a row. Once the class is dismissed I quickly rush out and head over to my next class. On my walk across campus I get stopped by Grant.