the big night

so, here it is🫣🥰
𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆
|4091|

an entire floor of the office building had been dedicated to the celebrations due for the night.

twice a year, minho would host a collective office party. one that everyone who worked in the building was invited to- all able to bask in the festivities that honoured their hard work for the past six months.

with this particular floor being used as one of the lesser filled storage rooms, it was kept as an open space that was perfect for bringing in everything deemed necessary by both minho and his employees.

before each semi-annual event, minho would send out an itinerary list that encouraged people to suggest anything they would like to see on the night, ranging from the decorations, the food and drink that would be provided, and of course whatever songs people would love to be played courtesy of the dj booth minho booked every time.

after all, if the ceo was hosting a party for his employees, he wanted it to be what they wanted it to be.

now, as he looked around the first-time pink and green theme for decor, the smiling faces dotted around the room with people wrapped up in lively conversations, and the mix of animated singing and boisterous laughter coming from the dance floor, minho felt pride swirling through him that everybody seemed to be enjoying their night.

however, even with the multitude of things surrounding him that could easily grab his attention, minho couldn't keep his eyes off of jisung.

with wide eyes and animated gestures, jisung was stood in the middle of a group of people. his attention was currently on najeong and yanghee, the three of them talking between themselves before looking to the others around them- clearly none of them willing to isolate anyone from the conversation.

just as he was turning from one person to another, jisung noticed that minho was looking at him.

from across the room, he gave his boyfriend a big enthusiastic wave before gesturing that he'd only be a couple minutes longer, and turned turned back to the group.

minho smiled to himself, unable to wipe the fond look on his face even as he noticed chulsoo and jongil walking over to him.

without even needing to ask what he'd been looking at, chulsoo settled next to minho's side with a long sigh.

wordlessly, he raised his hand to minho's shoulder, giving a tight squeeze as he felt the tension in the ceo's body ease slightly.

nodding his head, minho subtly cleared his throat and gave his best friend's hand a small pat. "...thanks, chulsoo."

lifting his head up and rolling his shoulders back as though trying to shake himself out of his mind, chulsoo shook his head as he pressed his lips together. "s'nothin'," he replied, giving a sharp sniff as he turned his head away from minho's view.

"chulsoo," minho chuckled lightly.

"i'm fine, i'm fine." chulsoo dismissed, giving the quickest glance to minho with a reassuring smile. "just...well you know."

exhaling softly, minho gave another jerk of his head as he mirrored chulsoo's smile. "i know."

breaking the moment, jongil stepped in front of them, bringing a glass close enough to his lips to seem inconspicuous as he spoke quietly. "jisungie, coming this way."

within seconds, jisung was bouncing over to his younger bodyguard's side, his hands resting against him to stabilise himself.

"sorry!" he apologised with a giggle, pushing his fluffy back hair from his face as he moved to stand in between jongil and minho. "najeong got yanghee talking about daeho, and i didn't want to miss a single story!"