difficult to please

this is an idea i've wanted to share for a while!
this is set around five months after 'the beginning'
enjoy!!🩷
𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆
|5238|

since the restaurant had opened, a little ways' walk from his office, minho had taken jisung out to lunch whenever his schedule had allowed.

though on these days he'd be allocated a free hour either side of 12pm, the pair would still order their meals in advance meaning they'd be available on the couple's arrival. that way, the ceo would be able to return to his work in due time, rather than worrying that he'd be late to meet with any employees who needed him.

he was a man who never wanted to inconvenience his staff.

after finishing their meal, and thanking the restaurant staff once again for their impeccable food and hospitality, minho and jisung were now walking through the foyer, hand in hand, with wide smiles on their faces.

however, minho's smile slightly faltered at the sight of chulsoo standing restlessly at reception.

"chulsoo?" minho asked once the pair were close enough to him, now noticing just how on edge and uncomfortable he seemed.

"minho," the bodyguard surveyed the room and leant forward, lowering his voice before speaking again. "oh shuyeon called."

jisung didn't think he'd ever seen the colour drain from someone's face so fast.

immediately, minho's head shot up. his expression had completely switched, now holding a troubled expression as he too gave a look around the foyer.

"we will discuss this in my office." the ceo then quietly declared, giving no room for discussion as he began walking towards the lifts.

jisung looked over to chulsoo who gave a small tilt of the head, gesturing over towards minho. "everything will be explained once we're up there."

in return, jisung could only nod. he followed behind his bodyguard and experienced the first ever silent lift ride since he'd arrived at the building all those months ago.

when the doors finally opened to the office floor, minho wordlessly lead the way. as soon as he opened the door to his office, he stopped in the middle of the room and pushed his hands through his hair.

being the last one in, jisung shut the door behind him. he watched as his bodyguard and boyfriend moved to the couch, and instead chose to sit in minho's chair and spin around while they talked.

"why," minho began, staring down at the floor with chulsoo sat to his right. "why did she call now?"

"well..." chulsoo paused, holding a slight grimace. "he asked his secretary to make sure you would still be able to see him this week."

"what!?" the ceo's head snapped to the side as his jaw dropped. "i made that meeting with him to be months in advance!"

"yeah, um...that was over five months ago."

letting out a small huff, minho lifted his hands to his face and dropped his body back into the couch.

this caused jisung to stop spinning, though he needed one last little hop to right himself, as he looked towards the couch.

"who's 'he'?"

"'he', is minho's uncle." once it was clear that minho wanted to wallow in self pity a little longer, chulsoo replied. "'big company owner' uncle."

jisungs's eyes widened. "...oh."

he then got up from the chair, slightly wobbly from all the spinning, and hurried over to sit at minho's side so he could rub comforting circles into his knee. "surely it won't be that bad?"