31. Date Night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BROWN SUGA BABE  |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gallaghers Steakhouse
New York City, New York

Joanna insisted on taking Summer out to celebrate her acceptance into the art gallery that next month. She was so proud of Summer and was very vocal about it.

Even though Summer kept trying to play it off like it wasn't a big deal, Joanna wouldn't let her. When it comes to people she loves, Joanna is the type to celebrate every little success and milestone.

"Thank you," Summer said as she sat down at the table after Joanna had pulled out her chair for her.

"You're welcome, baby." Joanna sat across from Summer, so she could look at and admire her the entire night. "You look so damn beautiful," Joanna said, gazing across the table at her date.

"You keep saying that," Summer blushed. Joanna had told her she was beautiful while she was doing her hair and makeup. She told Summer how beautiful she was as she helped her zip up her dress and buckle her heels. She told Summer how beautiful she was as their driver pulled up to pick them up from Joanna's penthouse.

"Because I can't get over it. I can't wrap my head around how one person can be so beautiful."

"Okay," Summer laughed. "You're beautiful, Joanna. On the inside and out. And you look amazing."

Joanna just smiled because she knew she looked good. She jokingly popped the collar of her blazer. "I know I look good."

"Okay," Summer rolled her eyes but still laughed.

Joanna sat there, taking in the entire experience. She was not expecting to find anyone after her divorce. She definitely was not expecting to find someone like Summer. Spending time with Summer made her feel like she was young again. She made her know that it's okay to start over. She made her know it was okay to love deeply and with no regrets. 

"I'm so proud of you," Joanna said as they sat across from each other at the restaurant table.

Their server had brought them a bottle of red wine as they waited for their first course to come out.

And Joanna couldn't help but admire the woman sitting across from her. Joanna thought Summer was the most beautiful woman she'd ever laid eyes on.

"Thank you," Summer blushed. She picked up her glass of red wine, trying to hide how hard she was blushing as she took a sip of the tart drink.

"Are you excited?"

"Yes, but also very nervous."

"That's to be expected. Jayden said there's going to be a lot of very well-known people there."

"You've never been to one of the shows before?" Summer inquired.

"No, I've never been interested before," Joanna shrugged. "Jayden always invites us, but I've never had a reason to want to go."

Joanna reached for her own glass of red wine and took a sip before continuing.

"But I have a reason to go now. I can't wait to be there, supporting the woman I'm in love with."

Summer's ears perked up hearing those last few words.

Saying I love you is much different than saying I'm in love with you.