Losing her

Author's note:-

Parvateshwar knew that Uma would be with Ayurvati, so he headed directly to the house.

As he entered, he saw her hunched over her medical books, her brow furrowed in deep concentration. A tender smile softened his features as he approached her silently.

He wrapped his arms around her waist from behind, his warmth enveloping her. Feeling his presence, she instinctively buried her face in his chest, seeking solace.

"My wife is so studious," he teased gently, pressing a kiss to her hair. "What are you studying, my love?"

"Nothing, Senapati ji," she murmured, her voice faint, "I was just... nothing."

He tilted her chin up, his eyes searching hers with concern. Without saying another word, he leaned in and kissed her.

His kiss was gentle, an unspoken promise that he was there, that she was safe.

When they finally pulled apart, a small, hesitant smile touched her lips. They had dinner together, but Parvateshwar could feel the tension in her, a distant fear that refused to leave her mind.

Later, as they lay in bed, he noticed the way her body trembled slightly, the way her eyes darted around as if expecting something or someone to emerge from the darkness.

Sensing her unease, he pulled her closer, holding her trembling form against his chest.

"My love," he whispered, his voice a calming balm in the quiet night, "do you trust me?"

"Yes, Senapati ji," she whispered back, her voice shaky. "I trust you."

He stroked her hair gently, his fingers gliding through the strands in a soothing rhythm. "Then know this," he said firmly, his breath warm against her temple. "As long as I'm here, no one will dare harm you. Sleep now, my love. I'm right here."

She nodded, resting her head against his chest, but sleep did not come easily. The fear clung to her like a shadow, refusing to let her rest.

.

.

.

In the dead of night, Ayurvati awoke with a jolt, gasping for breath. Her throat felt like it was on fire, as if invisible hands had tightened around it. She clutched her neck, fingers trembling uncontrollably.

Sweat coated her skin, and the darkness of the room seemed to press in on her, suffocating her. The oppressive silence was broken only by her rapid breaths.

Through the haze of fear, she saw a dark, menacing figure moving silently across the room. It glided unnaturally, its movements smooth and sinister.

Her throat tightened again, the pressure unbearable as if she were being strangled by unseen hands.

Her vision blurred, her body rigid with terror, and all she could do was watch as the shadow slipped out of the doorway and into the hallway.

She wanted to scream, but no sound escaped her lips. Her desperate attempt to reach Parvateshwar, sleeping beside her, was thwarted by the crushing grip on her throat.

With a final, frantic effort, she managed to choke out, "Senapati ji!" Her terrified cry broke the silence, and the pressure around her throat vanished abruptly.

Parvateshwar shot up in bed, his eyes wide with alarm. He turned to see Ayurvati trembling violently beside him, her face pale with fear. "Ayurvati!" he shouted, reaching out to her. "What's wrong? What happened?"