Episode 3: The First Day

The early morning sun filtered through the curtains of Taehyung's apartment, casting a warm glow over the room. Taehyung,, woke up with a mix of excitement and nerves. Today marked the beginning of his internship at JJK Group, a significant step in his career journey. He quickly got ready, choosing a crisp, light blue shirt and dark trousers-an outfit he hoped would make a good impression.

As Taehyung made his way out of his apartment, he was greeted by the familiar sight of his neighborhood. The excitement of the day ahead made the city streets seem vibrant and full of promise. He met Jimin at their usual coffee shop, where they exchanged enthusiastic greetings.

Jimin was already waiting at a corner table, sipping his coffee. His face lit up as he saw Taehyung. "Hey! Ready for the big day?"

"Definitely!" Taehyung replied, settling into the chair across from Jimin. "I'm both excited and a little nervous. But I'm sure it'll be great."

The two friends chatted about their expectations for the day, discussing what they had heard about the company and their respective departments. Their conversation was a mix of anticipation and shared excitement, setting a positive tone for the day.

After finishing their coffee, they made their way to JJK Group's sleek office building. The building's modern architecture and impressive facade were a striking first impression. They entered the lobby, which was adorned with elegant marble floors and contemporary art pieces, and approached the reception desk.

The receptionist directed them to the 20th floor, where the marketing and finance departments were located. As they took the elevator up, Taehyung and Jimin exchanged nervous but hopeful smiles.

Meanwhile, across the city, Jungkook, the CEO of JJK Group, was beginning his day. His sleek suit and meticulous grooming spoke of a man used to the highest levels of business and professionalism. As he prepared for the day's meetings, he was also anticipating the arrival of the new interns.

In the office, Jeonghan, Jungkook's efficient and friendly secretary, was preparing to introduce the new interns to the CEO. Jeonghan was well-liked for his approachable demeanor and thoroughness. As the interns arrived, Jeonghan led them through the polished corridors of the office, giving them brief glimpses into the dynamic environment of JJK Group.

Taehyung and Jimin followed Jeonghan, absorbing the sleek design and buzzing energy of the office. Jeonghan stopped outside Jungkook's office and turned to the interns. "Alright, everyone, this is where you'll meet Mr. Jeon Jungkook, our CEO. He'll give you a brief welcome and introduce you to your departments."

With that, Jeonghan knocked lightly and opened the door to Jungkook's office. Jungkook looked up from his desk, his gaze momentarily resting on each of the new interns. There was a sharpness in his eyes, a trace of something deeper that had been lying dormant.

Jeonghan cleared his throat. "Mr. Jeon, these are the new interns for JJK Group. Allow me to introduce Taehyung, Jimin, Yunjin, Natty, and Seungchol."

Jungkook stood up, his eyes scanning each of the interns. When he reached Taehyung, there was a brief, almost imperceptible pause. Jungkook's heart skipped a beat-a spark of recognition, or perhaps something more, flickered in his chest. He quickly masked his reaction with his signature business-like composure.

"Welcome, everyone," Jungkook said, his voice smooth and authoritative. "I'm glad to have you here at JJK Group. Each of you has been selected for your skills and potential, and I'm looking forward to seeing the contributions you'll make."

He turned his gaze to Taehyung again, his curiosity piqued. "Taehyung, isn't it? How are you feeling about your role?"

Taehyung met Jungkook's gaze with a mixture of excitement and nervousness. "I'm feeling great, Mr. Jeon. I'm looking forward to contributing to the marketing team and learning as much as I can."

Jungkook nodded, a faint smile touching his lips. "That's good to hear. I trust you'll all find your time here both challenging and rewarding."

Jeonghan took over the introductions, explaining the layout of the office, the structure of the teams, and what the interns could expect during their orientation. He walked them through their departments, introduced them to their immediate supervisors, and gave a detailed overview of their responsibilities.

Taehyung and Jimin were assigned to their respective teams, with Taehyung starting his day in the marketing department and Jimin heading to finance. Yunjin, Natty, and Seungchol were introduced to their teams in the HR and operations departments.

Throughout the day, Taehyung found himself thinking about Jungkook's reaction. The brief but intense connection had left him curious and slightly unsettled. Jungkook, meanwhile, grappled with his own feelings. The spark he felt was unexpected and confusing, especially given the emotional numbness that had followed Lisa's passing.

As the workday drew to a close, Taehyung and Jimin shared their thoughts on the day. They were both exhausted but satisfied with their progress.

"Today was intense but exciting," Taehyung said, rubbing his eyes. "I think I'm really going to enjoy this experience."

Jimin nodded in agreement. "Me too. It's a great opportunity, and I'm glad we're here together. We'll make the most of it."

As Taehyung headed home that evening, his thoughts drifted back to Jungkook. The brief but poignant interaction had left him curious and contemplative. Little did he know, this was only the beginning of a journey that would intertwine their lives in unexpected ways.

__________________________________________