Episode 16: Unwanted Distractions

A week had passed since Taehyung’s tense encounter with Mia, and things at JJK Group had become increasingly complicated. Mia and her mother, Shina, had been actively working on a new plan to secure Mia a position within the company, despite the tensions it might cause.

Shina, a formidable woman with an authoritative presence, sat with Mia at a café one afternoon. The conversation was serious, their tone reflecting the importance of their mission.

“Mia,” Shina began, her voice firm, “we need to be strategic about this. If we want to get you into JJK Group, we have to ensure that Jungkook sees you as a valuable asset.”

“What’s our plan?” Mia asked, her eyes gleaming with determination.

“We’ll request Jungkook’s father to give you a job at the company,” Shina explained. “But first, we need to make sure Jungkook believes you’re genuinely interested in contributing to the business. We’ll use your allure to make an impression. Seduce him if you have to.”

Mia smirked. “Understood. I’ll make sure Jungkook can’t resist.”

Later that week, Shina and Mia approached Jungkook’s father, presenting their request for Mia to be employed at JJK Group. Jungkook’s father listened to their proposal with a skeptical eye.

“I’m aware of your plans,” he said cautiously. “And I’m aware of Taehyung’s relationship with Jungkook. If you’re trying to use Mia to disrupt that, I need to warn you—it won’t be easy.”

Shina’s expression remained unfazed. “We’ve dropped any talk of marriage. Mia just wants a job.”

Jungkook’s father sighed but agreed to support their request on the condition that Mia’s role would be strictly professional. Reluctantly, Jungkook agreed to have Mia join the office, though he was clearly uncomfortable with the situation.

---

Meanwhile, the office was buzzing with speculation about Jeonghan’s extended leave. Seungchol, struggling with Jeonghan’s absence, found it increasingly difficult to focus. His performance began to suffer, and his distress was evident to everyone.

One day, Jungkook pulled Seungchol aside, frustration evident in his voice. “Seungchol, you need to get it together. Your work is slipping, and it’s affecting the team.”

Seungchol flinched, not knowing how to explain the true cause of his issues. “I’m sorry, Sir . I’ll do better.”

Jungkook, unaware of the personal reasons behind Seungchol’s struggle, continued to push him. The tension between them only added to Seungchol’s anxiety.

---

The day Mia started at JJK Group, she made quite an entrance. She arrived wearing a scandalously short, sleeveless dress with a plunging neckline and thigh-high split. The dress clung to her every curve, leaving little to the imagination. Her heels clicked loudly on the marble floors, drawing the eyes of many male employees, who ogled her with open appreciation.

Taehyung, who was working at his desk, looked up and was immediately struck by the inappropriate nature of Mia’s outfit. His eyes widened in shock as he took in the sight of Mia, clearly making an effort to draw attention.

Mia walked with a deliberate swagger, her gaze sweeping across the office. When she reached Jungkook’s office, she turned and informed the Taehyung with a smirk, “Jungkook was kind enough to offer me this position. I’m sure he really likes me.”

Taehyung’s heart sank. The statement was clearly a lie, but it stung nonetheless. He texted Jungkook about it. When Jungkook confirmed that Mia had been given the job, Taehyung’s feelings of self-doubt and frustration intensified.

Jungkook, who had overheard some of the comments about Mia’s attire, pulled her aside. “Mia, this dress is completely inappropriate for the office. You need to dress professionally.”

Mia pouted, but Jungkook’s stern expression made it clear that she had no choice but to comply. “Fine, I’ll change.”

Throughout the day, Mia deliberately created situations that limited Taehyung and Jungkook’s interaction. She monopolized Jungkook’s time with trivial matters and staged conversations to keep him occupied. This left Taehyung feeling isolated and more self-conscious than ever.

By the end of the day, Taehyung was frustrated and exhausted. He couldn’t shake off the feeling of being sidelined, and the growing presence of Mia only exacerbated his insecurities. The dynamic between Taehyung, Jungkook, and Mia was becoming increasingly strained, setting the stage for more conflicts to come.

---

As Seungchol sat alone in his apartment that evening, he reflected on the day’s events. The weight of Jeonghan’s absence and his own declining performance loomed heavily over him. With a troubled mind, he tried to reach Jeonghan one last time, his heart aching for a resolution.

Seungchol: Please, Jeonghan, I need to talk. I’m struggling here, and I miss you.

Once again, there was no reply. The silence only deepened Seungchol’s sense of isolation and despair.