seis: the match

Lara rose to her feet and cheered along with the other fans as the first goal of the game was scored by Leo Messi. Phoebe grasped her in a tight hold and screamed in her face before jumping up and down and swinging her Barca scarf around.

Just as he promised, Neymar sent the two tickets to Lara's place and he texted her every day to make sure that she was coming to the game - he even made Lara take Phoebe to keep her company just in case she got bored. 

The game was far from boring, though. Every few minutes the referee would stop the game or a brawl would break out or someone would fall and start screaming - you know, the usual. 

The Madrid fans and the Barca fans were separated from each other for safety purposes which was really a good idea since no one wanted to die tonight. 

Lara was wearing a brand new Neymar Jr jersey that Phoebe forced her to buy. She didn't know what to feel about wearing the jersey with his name and number on her back since she didn't even know what they were. 

Friends? Acquaintances? 

"Look! LOOK! He's looking at you!" Phoebe yelled into Lara's ear before nodding towards the pitch where Neymar was looking up in their direction. She felt a blush come to her cheeks as he smiled and waved up at her. 

Before she could wave back, Gerard Piqué already had Neymar in a tight hug before pushing him towards the pitch so they could start kick-off again. 

"Oh my gosh, my best friend's dating a footballer." Phoebe screamed before jumping up and down. Lara widened her eyes and hit Phoebe's arm, "I am not and lower your voice." Lara harshly yelled.

Phoebe just smirked and pursed her lips before continuing to cheer for the team.

-

The game ended after another hour with a score of 2-1. Suarez scored after Leo did and Ronaldo scored a little before Suarez did. 

The stadium was still loud and cheery as the fans celebrated the win. As they were pouring out of the stadium, Lara felt someone poke her shoulder. 

She turned around expecting it to be Phoebe telling her that she had to go pee before they left but instead she saw a random woman. "Can I help you?" Lara asked politely, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

The woman nodded and looked down at her palm where she had something written on it in blotchy blue ink. "Are you...Lara?" she asked before looking up at Lara again.

Lara nodded and curiously looked down at her palm to search for any other writings on it. The woman quickly closed her palm and grabbed Lara's wrist before moving to lead her back into the stadium.

"Whoa, where are we going?" Lara asked frantically, wanting to grab her hand back and run away back to the car.

"A player wants to see you." 

Neymar. Of course.

"I have my friend here with me, actually." Lara said awkwardly. The woman tilted her head and shrugged, "I guess she can come with. Now come on." she said before leading her inside the stadium again.

Lara quickly latched on to Phoebe's wrist and tugged her along back into the nearly empty stadium. 

Neymar laughed happily as Gerard finished his weird happy dance in the locker room. He rubbed the towel over his wet hair and fluffed it up a bit before pulling a shirt over his head. 

"Um, Ney?" he heard Luis Suarez say from near the door. He set down his towel and looked at Suarez who started walking over to him slowly, "Your girlfriend's by the door." 

Neymar instantly perked up and tossed his towel at Gerard who yelled a complaint at him. He skipped over to the door and opened it up to see Lara standing there with her friend, looking embarrassed and nervous.

"Hey! Thanks for coming." Neymar smiled happily before tugging Lara into a tight hug. She was the only thing on his mind for those 90 minutes and after he spotted her cheering in the stands with the other fans, he couldn't stop glancing at her every few minutes. 

"Thanks for the tickets." she said shyly before tossing her brown hair behind her shoulder. Neymar turned towards her friend who looked like she was about to either faint or puke or both. 

"Hi, you must be Phoebe," Neymar said politely before shaking her hand. "I'm Neymar." 

Phoebe nodded quickly and reached out to grab Lara's wrist tightly in hers. "I k-know!" Phoebe giggled loudly. "I have your poster on my wall." 

Phoebe blushed a bright red after she realised what she just said and Lara just stood there silently laughing at the both of them. "I mean...it's the whole team, not just you. But, I-" she cut herself off again and turned towards the exit of the stadium. 

"This is awkward, I should go." she whispered loudly to Lara who awkwardly chuckled. "Okay, we can go."

Phoebe moved to stand in the corner of the room where she pretended not to listen to anything Neymar and Lara were talking about.

"Thanks for tonight, it was really amazing. You played really well." Lara told him. Neymar smiled back at her. He now just noticed how her brown eyes had specks of gold in them and how she had the tiniest of dimples on her cheeks. 

"...What?" Neymar asked, realising Lara was talking to him after all this time. He swore he could hear Phoebe snickering in the background and it brought a blush to his cheeks. Lara giggled and shook her head, "Nothing. Anyway, I should get going now. I have school in the morning." she told him.

Neymar nodded and opened his arms for her. Lara moved forward and let him wrap his arms around her and after a while, she did the same to him and hugged him back, grasping the fabric of his shirt lightly in her hand. 

They pulled away after a while and Neymar ducked down to kiss her cheek lightly, making her cheeks tint red immediately. "Okay. Tchau."  Lara said before walking towards Phoebe. 

"Wait, when can I see you again?" Neymar called after her. "You know where to find me!" Lara called back with a cheeky smile on her face.

Neymar shook his head with a big grin on his face, his heart leaping happily. 

"Nice jersey, by the way!" 

//

um i hated this chapter and im sO SORRY for updating like once every 2 months but :/ 

ok i hope you liked this chapter :) i'll have another one up soon (hopefully)

ooh ooh ooh and this chappie is dedicated to germuny who actually motivated me to write this chapter x