sete: the date

Lara wiped some sweat off her brow after taking the cookies out of the sweltering hot oven. She huffed and took off the thick mittens and grabbed a fork before starting to take the cookies off the cookie sheet and onto a bright pink platter.

"Are you nearly done, Lara?" Maria asked her. Lara nodded, "I'll finish up in a minute!" Lara smiled back. It was a scorching hot day in Barcelona and when a lot of customers turned up in the coffee shop, Lara couldn't resist helping Maria and Pedro out.

People were sitting in all the booths and there were only a few places left in the coffee shop and it'd sooner or later get filled up with people.

"Hey, can I get an iced coffee, please?"

"Yeah, sure. You can make your orders out to your right, though." Lara said absentmindedly as she tried getting a stubborn cookie off the sheet. "Okay."

Lara looked up briefly to see a flash of Neymar. "Hey!" she laughed, "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." she laughed before putting the fork back on the countertop. Neymar flashed her a smile and leaned against the counter, "It's fine. Do you work here now?" he asked.

Lara shook her head, "No, I just wanted to help out today. Anyway—" Lara stopped talking to him and turned towards Maria, "One iced coffee, please!" Lara yelled in her direction, earning a happy 'okay' in return.

"So, what brings you here?" Lara asked, placing the pink platter on the countertop. Neymar moved aside for a few customers who wanted to buy a few pastries before talking, "You told me this is where I'd find you so I came - and I did." he grinned.

Lara chuckled and nodded, "Did you want to talk or something?"

Neymar nodded and Lara washed her hands in the sink, "I'll be with you in a few minutes, I just need to finish getting—" Lara stopped short when she felt the apron tied around her waist get untied. "Go ahead, sweetie. He looks like he's been dying to meet you. We can handle it here, you've done so much already." Maria whispered into Lara's ear before walking away with the apron in tow.

Lara turned back to look at Neymar who was smiling hopefully at her. "Never mind, let's go." she said before getting out from behind the counter. She grabbed her bag and waved at Pedro and Maria before leaving the coffee shop with Neymar.

"So, what's up?" Lara asked. Neymar was wearing a snapback and shades to probably disguise himself from the massive crowds of people. "I was actually wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner with me."

Lara blushed bright red as she almost choked on air. She looked at Neymar but he was already looking down at her with a hopeful smile.

"When?"

"Tonight, maybe?" Neymar said, then his features twisted and his cheeks tinted red, "Or - whenever you want to, I'm free anytime. Unless I have a match or a training session. It's up to you." he rambled on, glancing at Lara a few times then looking away quickly.

Neymar looked like a shy schoolboy and it actually fascinated Lara at how a pro footballer who was talked about as a 'player' in both ways managed to both blush and mess up when he flirted with a normal uni student.

"Yes, Neymar."

"Huh? Yes to the date or yes to tonight or what?"

Lara laughed and nodded, "Yes to everything. Pick me up at six?"

+

Neymar doesn't remember the last time he was this nervous. He stared at himself in the mirror and brushed down his shirt then fixed his hair, then messed it up again a little bit.