Chapter 5 The betrayal unveiled

Zainab sat at the dining table, her face lined with worry. She had been quiet all morning, lost in thought, and the usual warmth in her eyes was replaced with a deep sadness. Dua and her elder brother Azan noticed the change in their mother's demeanor, and they exchanged concerned glances. The silence that had settled over the house was suffocating, thick with unspoken fears.

Finally, Zainab spoke up, breaking the tense silence. "There's something I need to tell you both," she began, her voice trembling slightly.

Dua and Azan leaned in, their full attention on her, sensing that whatever she had to say was important and heavy.

"It's about your Uncle Atif," Zainab continued, her eyes downcast. "He's in serious trouble. His business partner, the one he trusted for years, has betrayed him."

Dua's heart sank. She had always admired Uncle Atif for his kindness and dedication. He was the type of man who put his heart into everything he did, and the thought of him being hurt by someone he trusted was unbearable.

"They were working on a big project together, and everything seemed fine," Zainab explained, her voice heavy with emotion. "But it turns out that his partner was secretly siphoning off funds. When Atif confronted him, instead of admitting his wrongdoing, the man turned around and filed a lawsuit against him, claiming Atif was the one who mismanaged the funds."

Dua's eyes widened in shock. "That's horrible! Uncle Atif must be devastated."

"He is," Zainab said, her voice barely above a whisper. "He's worked so hard to build his business, and now it's all falling apart. The lawsuit has put him in a terrible position, and he's going to need a very good lawyer to defend him. That's why I'm telling you two—do either of you know someone who can help?"

Azan frowned, deep in thought. "I know a couple of lawyers, but I'm not sure if they have the experience to handle something like this. We need someone who's really sharp and has dealt with high-stakes cases before."

Dua nodded. "I'll ask around too, maybe reach out to some of my old contacts from university. There has to be someone who can help Uncle Atif. He doesn't deserve this."

Zainab gave them a grateful smile, though the worry in her eyes remained. "Thank you, both of you. I know your uncle will appreciate any help we can give him. We just have to stay strong and support him through this."

"We will, Mom," Azan assured her. "Uncle Atif isn't alone in this. We'll find the right lawyer and make sure justice is served."

Later That Evening , 

The day passed in a blur, with Dua and Azan both trying to focus on their respective tasks while the weight of the news hung over them. By evening, Dua, Azan, Haya, and Ahad gathered in the living room to discuss the situation further.

"Mom told us about Dad," Haya said as she entered the room, her voice tinged with concern. "I can't believe something like this could happen to him."

"Neither can we," Azan replied, his expression grim. "But we have to focus on finding a solution. We need to get Dad the best lawyer possible."

"I've been thinking about this all day," Dua said, breaking the silence that had settled over the group. "And I remembered someone from my university days—Bilal Murtaza Khan."

"Bilal Murtaza Khan?" Ahad asked, raising an eyebrow. "Isn't he that top-notch lawyer who's known for winning cases against big names?"

Dua nodded. "Exactly. He's brilliant, and he's taken on some of the toughest cases in the country. If anyone can help Dad, it's him."

"But will he take the case?" Haya asked, her brow furrowed in worry. "I've heard he's very selective about the cases he chooses."

"That's the challenge," Dua admitted. "We need to approach him carefully. But if we can get him on board, it would be a huge step forward for Dad."

Azan looked thoughtful. "Do you have any way to reach out to him directly?"

"I can try through some of my old contacts," Dua said. "I'll see if I can find a way to get in touch with him and explain the situation."

Haya placed a reassuring hand on Dua's shoulder. "You're right, Dua. Let's do this together. We'll reach out to Bilal and see if he can take the case. And in the meantime, we'll be there for Dad.

Later that night, Dua sat at her desk, determined to make a move. She composed an email to Bilal Murtaza Khan, carefully explaining the situation and expressing the urgency of the matter.

Subject: Urgent Request for Legal Assistance

Dear Mr. Khan,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Dua, and I am reaching out to you regarding a pressing legal issue involving my family. My uncle, Mr. Atif, has been unjustly accused of financial mismanagement by a former business partner who has betrayed him.

Given the seriousness of the situation and your renowned expertise in handling complex legal cases, we believe you would be the ideal person to represent him. We understand you have a selective caseload, but we hope you might consider taking on this case given the circumstances.

Could we possibly arrange a meeting at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter in detail? Please let us know a suitable time for you.

Thank you for your attention to this urgent request. I look forward to your response.

Best regards, 
Dua

After sending the email, Dua picked up her phone and dialed the number she had for Bilal's office. The call connected after a few rings.

"Hello, this is Dua. I just sent you an urgent email regarding a potential case. I'm hoping to arrange a meeting with Mr. Khan as soon as possible. Could you let me know his availability?"

The assistant on the other end confirmed that they had received the email and promised to check Bilal's schedule. "I'll forward your message to Mr. Khan right away and let you know once we have a time confirmed."

"Thank you so much," Dua said before hanging up.

The four of them sat in the dimly lit room, a renewed sense of determination filling the space. They knew the road ahead would be challenging, but they were ready to face it together, united in their resolve to help Atif.