Chapter 6 The Unexpected Appointment

The morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a golden hue on Dua's room as her phone buzzed on the nightstand. She squinted at the screen, her heart skipping a beat as she saw the name of Bilal's office. "This is it,"she thought, a mix of excitement and nerves washing over her. She quickly picked up the call. After a brief conversation, her eyes widened, and a squeal escaped her lips.

"Haya! Haya!" she shouted, bolting out of her room and racing down the hallway. "I can't believe this is actually happening!" she thought, her mind already racing ahead to the meeting.

Without knocking, she burst into her cousin's room, where Haya was still wrapped in her blankets, barely awake.

"Dua! What on earth?" Haya groaned, rubbing her eyes.

"I got the appointment! Today at 12:30!" Dua's voice was high-pitched with excitement, her mind now filled with thoughts of how to make the best impression.

Haya sat up, her eyes now wide open. "That's amazing! You're really going to meet Bilal Murtaza Khan, the legend himself!" "I can't believe she's meeting the Bilal. This is huge," Haya thought, feeling a pang of jealousy but mostly pride for her cousin.

Dua nodded, already envisioning the meeting. "I need to look perfect," she said, almost to herself. "First impressions matter. This could be the turning point for Uncle Atif," she thought as she rushed back to her room, flinging open her wardrobe. After what felt like an eternity of indecision, she finally settled on a black silk abaya. The fabric shimmered slightly in the light, and the black embellishments along the sleeves and hem added an elegant touch. *This will do. Simple, yet elegant.*

By 9:30 AM, she was ready, her long hair neatly pinned under a matching black hijab. As she made her way to the dining room, Ahad was already seated, sipping his coffee. He nearly choked when he saw her. "Wow, she looks stunning. I wish she could see herself the way I see her," he thought, struggling to keep his composure.

"Dua, you're going to give me a heart attack with how stunning you look," Ahad said, his voice half-joking but his eyes betraying his genuine admiration. "If only she knew..."

Dua leaned against the wall, flashing him a charming smile. "You always say that, Ahad. You know you're like a brother to me." She chuckled, completely oblivious to the way his gaze lingered on her. "He's always been protective, but he's just like Azan, another brother."

Azan entered the room, keys in hand. "Ready to go, Dua?" he asked, glancing at his sister and then at Ahad, who was still watching her with a mix of frustration and affection. "What's going on with these two?", he wondered but didn't dwell on it.

"Yes, let's go!" she replied, grabbing her bag and heading out the door with her brother. "I've got this. Just stay calm and focus."

The drive to Bilal's office was filled with light chatter between the siblings, but Dua's mind was elsewhere, rehearsing what she would say. "I need to make sure I don't miss any details. This is too important." As they arrived, the sleek glass building loomed before them, intimidating yet impressive. Azan wished her luck before driving off, leaving Dua to face one of the most important meetings of her life. "She'll be fine. Dua always handles herself well."

The receptionist, a poised woman with sharp features, greeted Dua with a smile. "Ms. Dua, Mr. Khan is expecting you. Please, follow me."

Dua nodded and followed her through the modern, minimalist corridors until they reached Bilal's office. The door opened, and she stepped inside. The office was spacious, with floor-to-ceiling windows that overlooked the bustling city. Bilal himself was seated behind a large mahogany desk, his eyes immediately lighting up as he saw her. "She's got a certain presence, doesn't she?", he mused, his mind already working on the case.