Chapter 35: Divorce?

SHIVI'S POV

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm orange glow, I sat in the passenger seat of the car, lost in thought. My fingers gently brushed my lips, recalling the intensity of the passionate kiss he had given me earlier. The memory was vivid, yet his words had left me uncertain about his feelings.

The ride had been quiet, and the silence seemed to deepen the confusion in my mind. Glancing over at him, I saw his focus was solely on the road. Finally, he broke the silence, his voice steady but distant. "We have to attend a ceremony tomorrow," he said. His tone did little to ease the ambiguity between us, leaving me to wonder about the true depth of his feelings.

I looked at him in confusion, and he noticed. With a soft tone, he said, "A business party. You should be there too, since you’re my wife." His gentle words made me blush, stirring a mix of warmth and lingering uncertainty within me. I nodded.

He dropped me off at home, his voice calm as he said he would be back later; he had some work at the office. I wanted him to stay, to be with me, but I understood he had commitments. I watched him drive away. As I entered the villa, the guards made sure I was safely inside the gate before closing it behind me. Their presence reassured me, allowing me to focus on my college work while waiting for him to return.

It was 7 p.m. when I walked into the bedroom, exhausted from a long day at college. My husband had dropped me off and left for the office. The room was quiet, save for the faint hum of the air conditioner.

On the table, an envelope caught my eye. It was neatly placed, its official-looking font stark against the table's surface. With trembling hands, I opened it and found divorce papers. My heart sank as I scanned the documents, my mind racing to piece together what was happening.

Just in the morning, he kissed me and acted so lovingly, and now this??! Is this true? . The warmth of his gestures seemed to clash violently with the cold reality of the papers before me. I was paralyzed by confusion and fear, unable to understand how his seemingly affectionate actions could lead to this sudden, devastating turn. Is he really leaving me? What about the time we spent, it's only months since we are married but things can slowly work. Why was those kisses for? For whom was that soft tone for? What about the memories??

The next moment, I broke. Tears streamed down my face as the reality of the situation sank in. I clutched the divorce papers tightly, my sobs trembling through my body. The room, once a place of comfort, now felt like it was closing in on me, amplifying my grief. My vision blurred as I tried to make sense of the betrayal, the weight of the sudden, harsh truth pressing down on me. The hum of the air conditioner seemed to mock my despair, a cruel backdrop to the sharp contrast between the morning's warmth and the evening's cold desolation.

-
I was getting ready for the ceremony Mohsin told yesterday. I didn't talked much to him from morning nor did he, he was in his the office whole day. With all courage I wore a blush pink off-the-shoulder gown with an asymmetric neckline, fitted bodice, and a flowing skirt featuring a high slit, hair freely falling with a cute necklace on my neck, it's his choice. I still can't forget about yesterday evening but I can't even do anything. I have nothing in my hands

 I have nothing in my hands