Chapter 3

Dove slammed the science book down loudly onto Mrs Drew's desk, the guilt had consumed her and she feared that if she was to keep the fact that she stole it a secret, then she would be poisoning her soul with darkness.

" I took it yesterday and I'm really very sorry!" Dove cried, looking up at the shocked old woman through her dark brown curls.

Mrs Drew was appalled to say the least, she had never met someone quite like Dove, she smiled lightly at her, the earth actually had people so honest and pure in it, Mrs Drew felt refreshed to actually know that, " you know my dear, most people who steal the books don't have the guts to bring it back" Mrs Drew said to Dove.

Dove looked at the old woman's smiling face, " I'm proud to have the privilege to know some one like you" Mrs Drew told her sincerely. Dove was taken aback " you make it sound like I'm royalty" Dove told the woman, smiling in relief that she wasnt mad at her, "why dear, sometimes i think you are" Mrs Drew said, taking the book off of the counter and resting it on top of a pile of books that were neatly packed next to her. "Enjoy the rest of your day dear" she said kindly to Dove.

Dove made her way to her first class, which happens to be her least favorite subject, Math, she grimaced, not only did she hate the subject, but she also hated the teacher, Mr Amarac, obviously the feeling was mutual.

"And why are you late again miss Rhodes?" Derek Amarac said as soon as he saw Dove shuffling through the door, he looked at her as she rolled her eyes and wore an expression of obvious distaste, it brought a smile to his face as he watched her slightly flushed face distort in anger, " I had to return a book to the library" she stated simply.

Dove stared at the cream coloured wall throughout the entire class, she knew she ought to listen to what the teacher was saying even if she wanted him to die in a hole, after all math was a requirement for any job that she would have in future. Dove looked up at the ceiling fan that spun above her, even if she knew she had to listen she just couldn't find it in herself to look at the tall, skinny, bald professor that was dead set on making math her absolute nemesis, even though she was sure she was capable of doing that herself.

Dove's cellphone suddenly rang causing silence to ripple through the classroom, she looked at Mr Amarac and found him staring at her like he was ready to murder her and throw her into a ditch somewhere, Dove smirked at him, she pulled out her cell and walked out of the classroom, "hello" dove said " yes this is officer Finn Morris, are you miss Dove Rhodes?" Came a voice from the phone " yes this is Dove Rhodes, may I asked why you are calling officer?" Dove said, she was getting a little frightened, as to why the police would call her, " it's a matter regarding your both parents Annette and Ramon Rhodes" officer Finn Morris said, " my parent? Why what's wrong? What did they do?" Dove asked, she was geting even more frightened and a feeling of dread settled in the pit of her stomach "you'll need to come down here to get the details, but I can tell you...your parents have been murdered"

............................
I now it was a crappy ending but, I'm up at an ungodly hour and i really need sleep, I'll write chapter 4 tomorrow or.latter today in this case so look forward to it ok
Bye
Rhasheeda :D