Chapter 1

The galactic space was teeming with soaring comets, asteroids, and space debris.

Networks of air tunnels materialized across the galaxy. The long, lithe bodies of ferrets were seen zooming through them.

Among them was me— a fine-looking sable ferret stud who was moving faster than the speed of light, causing spacerock after spacerock to explode with just a quick flick of my tail.

My name is Lester, and I am a Cosmic Warrior. But on top of that, I'm also known as the Cosmic Warrior King, as I hold the highest Cosmic Battle Score in my galaxy. Meaning, I'm an awesome space junkie who can cause zillions of spacerocks to explode faster than any other ferret in this ferret-only Universe we call Ferretopia.

How do I perform these awesome explosions? It all has to do with Elemental Powers—which all ferrets possess. Such Elemental Powers are activated when we flick our tails, ears, or do slithery dances— maneuvering our bodies like that causes our bloodstream to move in a way that biologically activates our Elemental Powers, so that we can control the objects and environments around us (what we cannot control, however, is other living ferret bodies with their own biological rhythm of Elemental Powers).

Given that I'm the strongest Cosmic Warrior, my slithery dances and maneuvers can cause many spacerocks to explode, which means I am consistently scoring high Cosmic Battle Scores. And with such high Scores, I'm granted permission to use my Elemental Powers to create my own awesome, oversized mansion in the most luxurious galaxy in the Universe.

That's quite a big deal, you know, because this Universe of Ferretopia has millions of galaxies. And the galaxy I reside in is the Capital of the Universe— hence, it is named Galaxy Prime.

And let me tell ya something— the Cosmic Warriors of Galaxy Prime are also a big deal. Our Elemental Powers are stronger than the Cosmic Warriors of other galaxies—that's why our galaxy is teeming with the most resource-rich planets, the most advanced technology, the most beautiful buildings, the most beautiful wildlife habitats (F.Y.I., the wildlife in this Universe only includes Feral Ferrets who haven't evolved out of their animalistic states—remember that this is a ferret-only Universe).

You see, we Cosmic Warriors soar through our galaxy and engage in "Cosmic Battles" that basically involve exploding a bunch of spacerocks by doing slithery dances or by flicking our tails—but it's not just for fun and games. It's because when this Universe's spacerocks explode, they release this bright, golden stuff called "Elemental Stardust." And when we inhale Elemental Stardust, it absorbs in our bloodstream and magnifies our Elemental Powers even more. We become capable of using our Elemental Powers to summon more upgraded objects, more advanced technology, and overall greater quality and quantity of resources.

That's how we are able to keep our galaxy's planets as luxurious and resource-rich as they are.

So yeah, I'm not trying to be cocky when I say I'm the best of the best— not only am I among the strongest Cosmic Warriors in the Ferretopian Universe, but I'm also the strongest of the strong. Like I said, I am Cosmic Warrior King— I hold the highest Cosmic Battle Score among all Cosmic Warriors of Galaxy Prime. The average Cosmic Warrior's Battle Score is 850 SPH (spacerocks destroyed per hour). My score is 8,500 SPH.

"Ahhh!" I swerved aside as something blurry dashed past me. I ducked and darted around as a bunch of golden lightbeams shot in all directions, causing numerous spacerocks of many shapes and sizes to explode.

I swirled away from the chaotic flurry, looking over my shoulder and panting. Then I gave a daring smirk.

Okay. I may have overexaggerated a bit— I am known as the Cosmic Warrior King, but I do not hold the highest Cosmic Battle Score.