Chapter 6

Everything was a blur.

Then I found my vision clearing. I blinked my eyes open and found myself flying through a bright space— wait, flying?!

Freakin' heck! I realized I had large, hazy-white wings behind my shoulders.

And was neither soaring nor swirling—I was flying.

I was flying through a bright space, surrounded by golden clouds that seemed to be expanding and billowing all around me.

I was filled with a kind of surge of joy and elation I couldn't explain. It wasn't long until my flying sped up and I was zooming faster than I had ever soared before, feeling more energized than I ever had before.

I saw no other ferret in this space. Yet I did not feel alone. I felt like there was some kind of living presence here— more alive than ever. It was a presence that filled me with joy and energy that could last forever. That energizing feeling was stronger than anything I had ever felt from any amount of alcoholic drinks, more exhilarating than any experience of blasting loads of spacerocks.

Then I heard a distant, soft giggle.

It was approaching my side.

I shifted my eyes to the left and saw that Lula was soaring up to me—flying up to me.

She, too, had wings.

White, beautiful wings.

She was gazing at me with that calm, sassy smile of hers—but there was something about her eyes that seemed rather...peaceful. I mean, she always looked peaceful and serene, but this time, it was like there was an extra special layer to it.

Again, more things I couldn't explain.

But it sure fascinated the heck outta me.

Soon, we were flying around each other— and this time, something felt different.

We were enjoying each other's presence, but at the same time, it felt like we were also enjoying the presence of whatever it was that was filling us with the energy to even experience such enjoyment.

Again...that presence in this place...somehow, it elevated the joy and thrill in our dynamic in a way that neither of us had felt before.

Lula gave me a nudge on my cheek with her snout, then fluttered away, laughing.

I gave a daring smirk and became a blur as I flew after her. We zoomed around each other and dashed through the billowing golden clouds—she laughed her calm, sassy laugh, I let out abrupt shouts of determination and mischief.

Then everything became a blurry haze.

I felt my vision and sense of consciousness tuning out again.

When I opened my eyes, I realized I no longer had my wings. And I was no longer in that bright place.

Instead, I was riding through the galactic space on a black motorcycle that was surrounded by black and orange flames.

I was zooming through an air tunnel, surrounded by flurries of spacerocks of all different shapes, sizes, and colors.

"HUH?!" I clutched the handles of my motorcycle, causing it to tilt almost 90 degrees upward. I yowled and swerved it aside as I almost crashed into an incoming asteroid.

I whipped the motorcycle back to its level position and steadied my zooming course. My teeth were clenched and my eyes were wide.

"What the ferret-holes is going on....irrrrrk...." I realized there was something poking into my chest. It was a fist-sized, shiny-blue sphere. There was a needle behind it that was sinking into my fur.