Author's note

I post every Sunday at 9:00 am!

I started this book August 21, 2024 and finished it ___. This is my first fan fiction I've written and I tried to be as accurate as possible. There are some aspects I had to make up of course, the quidditch players(J.K. Rowling doesn't state who is on the Slytherin team in the 7th year). The setting of this book is the eight year of Hogwarts. Yes, I know there isn't an eight year originally, it was made up as a make up year for all the students that lost a year due to the battle of Hogwarts. I also want to say that I specifically chose the eight year, not one of the years already written about so that I am able to make up more stuff. Obviously Draco doesn't have a love interest originally in the series except for the very end when he marries Astoria Greengrass. Of course, we are just going to pretend that she doesn't exist.

Please don't come for me if the time line doesn't match up. I may have to change a few things to the original timeline to make the story line work. I may also add/take away things from the original books as well. My book will not be 100% accurate!

A challenge with picking the eight year is that many of my favourite characters have died(don't read this if you haven't read the whole series):

Dumbledore

Cedric Diggory

Fred Weasley

Sirius Black

Remus Lupin

Nymphadora Tonks

Hedwig

Dobby

Severus Snape

Mad-Eye Moody

I have added in a few fan created characters including Mattheo Riddle and Lorenzo Berkshire. They are not in the original Harry Potter book series nor the movies.

Please keep in mind this is my first fan fiction, don't comment anything rude or unhelpful. I may have missed some edits but please don't point them out. This book is written in British-English not American-English so you may see some words spelled differently.

I am still in high school and will try to do my best to update the book. Some weeks I may have longer chapters, some shorter, and maybe some at all. The workload varies a lot and I tend to be ambitious and take hard classes. I'm also an artist and musician and that takes up a lot of my time.

I apologize if this book seems fast paced, sometimes I get impatient when writing and don't feel like making it a slow burn. 

Thank you for reading my book, I hope you enjoy it!

Warning:

This book is marked as mature and will contain mentions self-harm, depression, child abuse, and smut. I know that the first three are very heavy topics and are difficult for some people to read about. I will try to let you know if the chapter discusses self harm and you can skip it(I will understand and won't be offended).

I am so so SO sorry to anyone who has gone/is going through depression or self-harmed. Please reach out for help and remember you are loved.