I

War is finally over, however some believe that it's just the calm before the storm knowing how great the war they experienced before.

they were expecting new enemies to pop up after this, waiting for this moment of vulnerability and take advantages of them. even so, days full of peacefulness passed by and there's no signs of them.

for some, they reluctantly relished in the deceptive calm while others work hard to fortify their kingdom such as our soon to be emperor who found himself buried under a mountain of paperwork.  Meanwhile, Rosalyn, Lark, and Choi Han set off to visit Harris Village, while Eruhaben journeyed to Light Castle to meet with Sherrit-nim. As for our weary commander, he had finally succumbed to sleep, resting quietly in his room.

He was sleeping peacefully, knowing everything was over and he can be a slacker!

Oh, how wrong he was...

However, the tranquility did not last. His brow furrowed, and soft, distressed sounds escaped his lips as he stirred in his sleep. Cale jolted awake, his breath coming in ragged gasps. His chest rose and fell rapidly, while beads of sweat traced a path down his forehead. His eyes darted frantically around the dimly lit room, searching for any sign of the children. Relief washed over him when he realized they weren’t there.

He was profoundly grateful that the children weren’t there. The last thing he wanted was to frighten or worry them.

He exhaled shakily, running a trembling hand through his disheveled hair, his eyes narrowing in weary frustration. "Those cursed records… again," he muttered under his breath, the weight of the memories pressing heavily on his soul.

Cale glanced outside, but his vision was met with the haunting image of a ruined city, shrouded in ominous dark red clouds. The distant shrieks of monsters echoed through the air, sending a shiver down his spine. He dared not look down, where the sounds of labored gasps reached his ears, a reminder of the horrors that lay below.

He squeezed his eyes shut, his heart pounding as he shook his head in denial. ‘No… no… it wasn't my fault… Team Leader—’ Just the thought of that person caused his chest to constrict, a suffocating weight settling in his throat, choking back the words he couldn't bring himself to say.

Cale's breath hitched as his mind spiraled with the haunting echoes of accusations: ‘It was all your fault! Because of you! A cursed existence, abandoned by my sister, who left me with nothing but this burden!’

Tears welled up in Cale's eyes as his arms trembled uncontrollably. He forced himself to take a deep, steadying breath, trying to regain his composure. With a shaky hand, he wiped the sweat from his forehead and the back of his neck, willing himself to push through the overwhelming emotions threatening to overtake him.

Cale quickly took unsteady steps toward the bathroom as the sound of small footsteps and giggles reached his ears. He closed the door behind him, locking it securely, and stood before the sink. Turning on the faucet, he let the cold water flow, hoping it might wash away the remnants of his nightmare.

Just then, he heard the door to his room creak open, followed by familiar voices.

"Eh? Cale-nya? Is he already awake, nya?!" Hong's voice sounded baffled.

"Seems like it," On replied, composed but with a hint of amusement.

Raon’s voice rang out, demanding, "Human! Are you hiding, or what? Weak human, answer me!"

Cale took a shaky breath, his mind still reeling from the overwhelming memories. Swallowing his fear, he replied in a composed yet gentle voice, "I'm here, Raon. Just wait a moment."