Night World Part 2

Many people were gathered in central park, all of them facing a stage decorated with balloons and with a large poster saying, "Congratulations to the graduates" and soon after another poster saying "2003/2004" on the stage were the teachers and the director of a secondary school dressed in robes and hats, in front of them were the students dressed in robes and hats as well

"Ashley Wood! "Says the director holding a diploma.

People applaud and a blonde girl with blue eyes gets up from her seat heading towards the stage, she shakes the director's hand with one hand and receives the diploma with the other. Ashley turns to the crowd, fixing her gaze on a middle-aged couple, the woman was blonde and with blue eyes, looking like an older version of Ashley, the man was bald, had brown eyes and already had a bit of a belly, he also held a camera pointed at the stage, Ashley smiles and waves leaving the stage. The ceremony continues as normal, until the last student is called, and everyone throws their hats in the air to announce the closing ceremony.

Later that day in a house in Queens Ashley arrives home with her parents, her father is the first to enter the house followed by Ash and her mother crying.

"I'm so proud of you, my daughter, and to think that in a few days you'll be leaving for university."

"Come on, mom, don't cry..." said Ash, hugging his mother.

"Anyone who hears you thinks she's going far away..." the father grumbles and puts the keys on the table" ...she's going to Fordham, it's just around the corner, she can come visit us on the weekends."

"Dad is right, I promise to come visit you every weekend."

"When do you move into the dorm? "Asked the mother, wiping her eyes with her hand.

"In the last week of August.... By the way, today I'm going out with my friends to party."

The father takes out a pack of tobacco that was in the drawer of the entrance table and asks:

"Will there be alcohol at this party?"

"Perhaps? But I promise I won't drink."

" Há! You're already an adult to decide that, just promise me not to drink too much, if you think you've had too much to drink, call me and I'll come get you."

"Thank you, dad, I love you! "He says hugging and gives him a kiss on his bald head.

"Ok, Ok, that's enough."

"Then I'll get ready.

Ashley goes up the stairs going to her room, the room is large with a double bed, a wooden desk full of books, many of them on law, next to the books is a frame with a photo of an elderly man next to a young Ashley, near the desk there was a giant radio and on the floor several music CDs, most of them by the Backstreet Boys, but there were also Britney Spears, Bon Jovi, NSYNC and Madonna, on the walls near the radio there were posters of NSYNC, Bon Jovi and Backstreet Boys, right after that I had the dresser that had a makeup box and family photos of Ashley, in addition to that there was also a wardrobe and two headboards, one on each side of the bed. 

Ash opens the closet, gets dressed, puts on a thin white coat, a white top and jeans, she also puts on some makeup, but nothing very notable, some perfume and looks in the mirror that was in the corner of the room, stretching out the coat and looking at it. Ash goes downstairs and goes to kiss his father goodbye, who was on the couch watching a baseball game, then goes to his mother, who was in the kitchen preparing dinner. She hears a horn from outside.