Coming Home | FLUFF

Warnings: nothing but fluff, swearing, some kissing

Word Count: 482 | unedited 

——

You slowly push the door open to Johnnie's bedroom.

He's still in bed, sound asleep.

You close the door quietly and turn around slowly. You kick off your shoes and tip toe over to the bed.

You slowly get up on it, stopping each time Johnnie stirs around, holding your breath as you wait for him to settle back into the bed.

You sit down, slowly moving to lay next to him before reaching over and brushing his hair from his face, "Hey." You whisper quietly, "Johnnie."

"Mm." He groans, turning his head.

You smile, continues to tickle his cheek, "J."

"Jake." He groans, batting your hand away, "Go away."

"It's not Jake."

Johnnie freezes for a second before snapping up in the bed, "What the hell?" He tackles you with a hug, his lips pecking kisses along your face, "What are you doing here?"

"Got back a few days early." You laugh, wrapping your arms around his neck, "wanted to surprise you."

"Oh my god." He groans, "I've missed you."

He squeezes you tighter, leaning back to look at your face. You smile, "I've missed you, too."

He smiles and kisses your lips, "You're not going anywhere today." He lays back down, pulling you over to him.

You smile, taking a deep breath and sighing, "I didn't plan on it."

He runs a hand over your head, "I had a whole day planned for when you got back, but we can wait until tomorrow. I just wanna.." he kisses your head, "Stay here with you."

You nod, "I like that idea."

You were tired from traveling so you both ended up falling asleep for another few hours.

Once you woke up, you ordered in lunch and just spent hours intertwined with each other.

You filled Johnnie in on every single detail of your trip, even if he's already heard it over the phone, he wanted to hear you say it again.

He loves the sound of your voice.

He loved everything about you.

"And then what happened?" He asks, and you laugh, "You already know what happened."

He shrugs, "So. You can tell me the same story over and over again and I will listen because your voice is my favorite thing in the world."

You smile, "Johnnie."

He smiles, "I'm serious. Hearing you over the phone and hearing you in person are two totally different things and I really prefer the in person voice."

You laugh, reaching up to cup his cheek, "Me too, J. Me too." You pull him in and kiss him, "You're coming with me next time."

He nods, "Yeah, I kicked my own ass for not coming with you this time."

You shrug, "Yeah, but I love coming home to you."

——

Short and sweet 🖤 thanks for reading. I love you all so much! Catch you in the next one!