Chapter 11

"Maybe it wasn't what you thought," Sloane said. "Maybe she was desperate."

"All hoes are desperate," I said.

"It's not like he'll give you his phone," She  said.

"I won't guarantee that," I said and I walked down the hall to Grayson. He looked at me smiling.

"What's up, mama?" He asked.

"Give me your phone," I said.

"Um, no," he said.

"Look, Kali has a doctors appointment and I have to make sure mom takes her. My phone is dead and I can't text her," I said, he rolled his eyes and gave it to me. I got it and walked away a little. I looked at the messages and I swallowed but my throat was dry.

"Hey," he said and took the phone. "Seriously?" I looked at him.

"You went to her house after you left Kali?" I asked. "Really?"

"Braylon, no," he said.

"Then what's the messages?" I asked. "I don't even want to know, just leave us alone." I started to walk away, but he got in front of me.

"Hey, hey, I didn't go to her house, I promise you," he said and I scoffed.

"What happened last time I trusted you?" I asked.

"Braylon, do not take that little girl from me," he said.

"Beg all you want," I said.

"Braylon," he said and I looked him in the eyes. "Please."

"Bye Grayson," I said and walked past him, I heard something hit a locker. I looked back and saw Grayson had punched the locker, along with everyone else. I walked to my class and sat down, I wiped my eyes and laid my head down.

The lunch bell rang and I walked into lunch, I sat down and the guys looks were not pretty. Grayson saw across from me and I looked at my food, I put my fork down, because my appetite was gone.

"Can't eat?" Desmond asked and I looked at him. "Bad to lose something you love, huh?" I looked away and closed my eyes.

"Yeah, the free girlfriend beater gets freedom and you treat pretty boy bad," Brody said.

The last bell rang and I got changed, I ran out after all the boys literally bumped in to me.

"Ok, you're jogging today," coach said. "I have a meeting." we jogged away and to the hospital, we walked in and we went up the stairs. We went to the cancer patients and walked in, I went to a little girl and sat with her.

"What're you doing?" I asked.

"I'm trying to draw something for my best friend," she said. "He was sad the other day."

"Well, it's sweet of you to draw a picture, it's really pretty," I said. "I'll be right back." I got up and I walked to the door.

"He just got back, but he's depressed again," I heard a nurse.

"Well you trying having cancer, you wouldn't be happy about it," Desmond mumbled.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," I said but nobody looked at me. "But nobody cares." I walked down the hall and I looked into a room and I stopped. I walked backwards and I looked back in. I walked in and I looked on the wall, I looked and my throat went dry.

"You weren't suppose to know," I heard his voice and I turned around. He was taller and skinnier. He still had pretty blue eyes and he had a white beanie on. He walked to me, but I couldn't talk.