Chapter 23

I walked with Sloane up to the guys, they were talking about something.

"He isn't sick," Zach said. "Something else is wrong with him."

"You haven't even seen him," Desmond snapped.

"Neither have you, he hasn't came out of his room for three days," Brody said. "Uh, what does he have? The flu?"

"What're you guys arguing about know?" Sloane asked. "Desmond, if this is about your ninja-"

"Shut up, Sloane," Brady spat and she flinched.

"Grayson is who were talking about," Desmond said. "And for my ninja, he is just shy."

"Grayson has locked himself in his room, he won't answer his phone, and I know something went down," Zach said. "Do you know anything?"

"No," I said.

"Guys, it poured last night and the field is muddy. Let's just go grab something to eat," Desmond said.

"I gotta go home and watch my sister," Brody said.

"I gotta study for Collins test," Brady said.

"I'm just lazy," I said.

"Come on, Braylon," Desmond said. "Plus, didn't Kali have to get her shot today?"

"Yeah.," I said and we walked out, I got in my car with Sloane and I followed the boys to the diner. We got out and walked in, we ordered and we walked out. I saw a familiar jacket in a booth and before I could move, Desmond opened his mouth.

"Grayson," Desmond said and Grayson looked at them.

"Sh," He said and I looked who was beside him. Kali was laying on a blanket on her side asleep.

"Why do you have Kali?" Zach asked.

"Amy got called in to work and no one to watch her, so I came here to catch up on my work," He said. "Kali's always tired after her shot."

"Here's an idea, call her mother," I said and he looked at me.

"Last time I came to you, what happened?" He asked.

"You deserved it," I said. "Revenge is sweet, like chocolate."

"You don't get it, Braylon," He snapped. "I needed someone and of all people, I came to you. You kicked me out."

"You walked away while Kali cried for you, you watched her kick and fight," I said. "You still walked away."

"Do you think I liked hearing her cry like that?" He snapped. "Walking away was hardest thing I've ever done, but I don't regret it."

"You're not helping yourself," I said.

"Michael told me what he really thought of me, it hurt worse coming from my brother,"

"Someone had to snap you back to reality," Sloane said.

"Shut it, nobody's talking to you," Zach said and she punched his stomach. "Clear."

"More like slap him back to reality, that hit even made me flinch," I said.

"Michael hit you?" Desmond asked and Grayson looked back at Kali. He looked at me and walked to me, I went to take a step back but he grabbed my belt loop.

"You really need to learn when to open your mouth and when to shut it," He said, I looked at his bruised jaw. Carter can hit hard, definitely when he's mad. I started say something back but I heard whining. Sloane went too Kali. Kali went to her and she rubbed her eyes, she looked at me.