🍓 TWENTY TWO 🚬

With a mixture of shock and disbelief, Yn stood frozen, her eyes widening as she took in the sight before her. She had known this moment was coming. There, standing before her, was Yeonjun, his face filled with a mixture of hope and trepidation, his words still ringing in her ears. Three words, simple yet powerful, had been spoken, and now the weight of their meaning threatened to overwhelm her.

After Jihoon's departure, Yn had been keenly aware of the subtle affections that Yeonjun showered on her. However, despite her cold exterior, Yeonjun had continued to display a gentle, caring demeanor towards her. It was as if he saw through her tough exterior, glimpsing the vulnerability hidden within, and was determined to show her kindness and attention.

Despite the tender gestures and caring words from Yeonjun, Yn was painfully aware that her heart already belonged to another. No matter how hard she tried, she could not shake off the deep connection and love she felt for Jihoon. The thought of allowing someone else to enter her heart, to fill the space that Jihoon had left, was a concept she simply could not fathom.

Yeonjun watched Yn intently, silently hoping that she would give him a chance. Despite the deep connection between her and Jihoon, he couldn't help but hold onto a sliver of hope that there might be a way for him to win her heart. He knew of her soft spot for Jihoon, and yet, he still held onto the possibility that she could come to care for him, too. The anticipation of her response was almost tangible, the air around him thick with bated breath and unspoken hope.

Yeonjun's voice cut through the silence, a hint of insecurity lacing his words as he asked, "Are you thinking about the fact that I am training to be an idol now? That I won't have much time to spend with you?" There was a vulnerability in his gaze as he spoke.

His hands tenderly cradled her face, the calloused pads of his thumbs gently brushing against her soft skin. His eyes searched hers, silently pleading for her to understand the depth of his devotion. "I'll always make time for you," he said, his voice raw with sincerity. "If you want me to, I'll leave my idol life behind, just to be with you." The weight of his words hung in the air, the magnitude of his sacrifice palpable in the charged silence that followed.

The sight of Yeonjun's unwavering devotion tugged at her heartstrings, the knowledge that he would be willing to abandon his dreams for her causing an uncomfortable pang of guilt in her chest. Despite the undeniable connection she felt towards him, Yn's heart already belonged to Jihoon, claimed long before they had even met. The pain of knowing that she could not offer Yeonjun what he desired, the love and attention he so desperately craved, was almost unbearable.

Her head shook involuntarily, the words leaving her lips in a rush. "No, Yeonjun oppa," she said, her voice laced with a mixture of emotions. "Don't leave your dreams for me" The thought of him sacrificing his aspirations for her sake filled her with discomfort, the guilt and sorrow building within her like a tide. She longed to offer him the tenderness and affection he so earnestly sought, yet her loyalty and love for Jihoon prevented her from doing so.

Her voice trembled slightly as she spoke, the words laced with an aching sorrow. "I'm...I'm in love with Jihoon," she admitted, her voice catching in her throat. "My heart has already been claimed by him. I'm sorry, but I can't return your feelings, oppa."

Yeonjun stood there, absorbing her words like a physical blow, the hope and expectation in his eyes slowly dimming as he accepted the reality of her feelings. His hands dropped to his sides, his shoulders slumping slightly as he processed the finality of her rejection. The air between them was thick with an almost tangible tension, the silence heavy as they both grappled with the weight of their respective emotions.