Chapter 8

𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴:

"(Lavender Sunflower-Tory Lanez)" 

01:23 ━━━━●───── 02:31 ㅤ ㅤ

                    ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ

      ---˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹---

Wednesday 24th May 2024 

8:00pm

𝙒ayne and Naomi strolled down the dimly lit streets of New York, sipping icees from the gas station while pushing into each other as they walked side by side. "Boy if you don't walk straight and stop pushing me into the road ill pour that icee all up in yo nappy ahh hair." Naomi cautioned, giving him a stank face. 

"Ok least my hair real, dont make drag that raggedy weave off." Wayne shot back.

"Ok least I ain't saggin to my knees, boy pull them pants up."

"Yo lace liftin."

"Yo face ugly."

"You talking bout ugly but ain't got no man."

"You talkin bout "I ain't got no man" but your last girl cheated on you."

Wayne gave her a side eye while Naomi tried to suppress her giggles, "Aight you got it." said Wayne trying not to seem amused by the insult, "Been had it." the girl replied. They both looked at each other once more before bursting into a fit of laughter that filled  the dark, empty streets with a sudden sense of warmness and comfort. 

The two walked a bit longer till they had to go separate ways home, they said their goodbyes while dapping each other up.

Naomi plopped onto her bed while shrugging off her jacket. Whipping out her phone, she checked her instagram, took a few silly pictures and opened her messages. The girl thought to call her best friend and check up on her so she did. 

Naomi clicked on Ashanti's contact and called her but she didn't answer, so she tried again and again. 

20 spam calls and some violent texts threatening to trample on her friends broken wrist later, the girl still received no reply.

Maybe shes taking one of her overly long naps?

I woke up but not in my bed. 

I yawned trying to stretch but found my wrists were bound tightly to a wooden chair as well as my legs? 

The room, actually no I don't know, shed? barn?? ok I'll just say room. The room was pitch black with only a small candle to give some kind of light, it smelt of heavy smoke and I could see silhouettes of things scattered all over the place from the small glow of the candle.

I needed to get out and fast. How'd my mother react if she got home from work and saw I was gone?? and not only that but  ain't even have my phone to call or text her. 

Frantic thoughts and worry overflowed from within my body and into my actions as I screamed, kicked - attempted to kick -  and writhed around desperately trying to free myself. As if God had just heard my screams and cries, I felt whatever was holding my wrists down loosen and my legs were freed, a small click was heard and all of a sudden there was big, blinding flash causing me shut my eyes. When I opened them, the lights were on and purple LED masked figure was stood in front of me. 

My heart instantly started pounding and it felt like all oxygen had left my body, this was it, the prowler was gonna kill me and I didn't even know why, maybe he sent those men out to kidnap me, but what for? My mom she's gonna be devastated and I won't even have the chance to say goodbye to her, or Naomi, or Wayne, or my brothers, or Da-  " We have to go." 

It was like my train of never ending, panic filled thoughts had crashed into a railway pole causing them to come to an abrupt halt, I stared at him wide eyed with confusion and terror plastered on my face.  The small, glowing eyes of his mask pierced into my soul almost commanding me to stand up from the chair and follow him but before I could do any further, I snapped out of my mini daze.

"Please...I'm sorry, whatever it is I'll do it just please let me live I won't even tell anyone about any of this I swear just please don't kill me." I uttered unaware.

He turned to me, I could almost feel him role his eyes under his mask. "Follow me or he'll kill you before I do." He replied monotonously.

"Wha-" but before I could finish the sound of a loud car engine came from outside and the sound of practice gun shots could be heard. The prowler quickly whipped out his claws for defense.

"They're here"

𝙃𝙚𝙮𝙮𝙮𝙮𝙮𝙮 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙠𝙠𝙠𝙠!! 𝙄𝙢𝙢𝙖 𝙩𝙧𝙮 𝙪𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮. 𝙈𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙈𝙀𝙉𝙏 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙑𝙊𝙏𝙀 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮'𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙡𝙡𝙡𝙡𝙡🫶🏾🫶🏾🫶🏾🫶🏾

 𝙈𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙈𝙀𝙉𝙏 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙑𝙊𝙏𝙀 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮'𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙡𝙡𝙡𝙡𝙡🫶🏾🫶🏾🫶🏾🫶🏾