Chapter 2

I woke up to the annoying beeping sound. My body pained a little but mostly it was sagged maybe due to over exhaustion from my part. Even my eyes lids refused to lift up. I would have easily gone back to sleep had it not been for that irritating sound.

Where was it coming from? Forget that, where was I? Last thing I remember was that the beta was helping me before I was slammed into the ground by black wolf. And now I am on some kind of soft surface, lying on it like dead.

Was I able to leave safely? Had Sally taken over? Ugh.... This is so frustrating. So many questions and no answer to any of them. I tried reaching out to Sally knowing she must know what is going on but I only met with wall. I tried few times, only to meet the wall. I frowned at her and decided to try later.

With extreme difficulty, I tried getting up and after five minutes of trying I was only able to open my eyes and move my limbs a little.

"This is leading me to nowhere." I spoke loud crooked voice huffing in annoyance.

"I see you are finally awake." A grave voice said out of nowhere making me shriek in fear.

I usually do not get afraid so easily but he had caught me off-guard. Plus, I am in very vulnerable and helpless state and couldn't even sense him here, so excuse me this one time.

I looked sideways to see that beta sitting on sofa far end of corner of room. He was humming and shaking his feet so leisurely that it looked like he had all the time in the world. He was looking at me with amusement.

"Damn it Beta! Did you really have to do that? I think I just crapped in bed." I shouted in horse tone. My throat was constricted and was on fire from all the talking.

He just chuckled, raising his hands in surrender and stood up. He adjusted his clothes as if going in some kind of interview and walked up to me and hovered above me.

"Hey there, how are you feeling now?" he said while handing a cup of water and placing a hand behind my neck, helping me drink it.

I drank the cool water like some person deprived of water and relaxed as it soothed my throat. I smiled as I stopped drinking, sighing and said lowly, "Like total shit."

He only laughed and I said, "Help me to sit up. It will take forever if I did it myself and will hurt like bitch! And for Pete's sake, turn that damn machine off. It's sound is pissing me off."

He laughed even more but said nothing. He helped me sit up and was kind enough to adjust pillows behind my back, making me comfortable.

I smiled at him and said, "Thank you." He nodded smiling back and turned to leave.

"No!" I shouted making him turn quickly and raise his eyebrows at me.

I cleared my throat to cover my embarrassment and said, "I mean I have few questions which I need you to answer for me. Please answer them before leaving."

He sighed and said, "I was coming back after calling the dr. but I can see that you don't want to be alone. I'll just mind link him that you have woken up and come and check on you." and sat heavily on chair beside the bed.

I scowled as I did not like how smart he was. I saw his grey eyes blur before going back to normal and looked at me and smiled.

"He is on his way. Now, what did you want to know?" he said lying back on chair, arms crossed and started observing me.

I have been caught and interrogated far too many times to get intimated by his stance and couldn't help but roll my eyes at him. I decide to start with simple questions.

"Where am I? What am I doing here and for how long have I been here?" I said knowing well that I was too direct and gave out impression that I did not need to be fucked up by them with long conversations. I was in territory which I did not know whether it belonged to my friend or foe. This can prove very dangerous to me and should leave immediately.