Chapter 6

I was shocked to see his dismissal behavior towards me. He talked about my death like I didn't matter to him at all. It was then I saw another side of their relation; a relation where he was so committed and honest with his wife.

"You know what I think," I said looking straight into his eyes with accusation, "I think you never wanted a mate. You loved that she-wolf from your childhood and wanted her to be your mate. But you got upset and could not see your girl's betrayal when she mated with her true mate. So you took revenge by killing her mate in a fight. It was a perfect chance to have a double win. Get your love back and never get caught. No one would even suspect that their alpha could do something for his own selfishness. God! You are one fucked up person!"

I saw anger in alpha's eyes and the way he was looking at me, just confirmed my story. Poor Warrior! He never stood a chance to live when both his alpha and his mate was after his live.

Next thing I know, he slapped me hard making me snap sideways and blood filled my mouth.

Feeling angry, I spat the blood filled in my mouth and looked at beta with accusation.

"This is what you had waked me up for? To get abused by him?" my voice was filled with so much anger that I didn't know what to do.

Without warning I slammed my fist into alpha making him fly out of the cell. I was quickly overpowered by his guards and was slammed against the wall. My head banged hard against wall and my vision blurred. I clutched my head to support it and stop it from ringing. I faintly heard someone talking but couldn't make out what they were actually talking about.

Soon I heard my cell door bang shut and turned to see beta standing tight lipped with pity in his eyes.

"Just leave me beta. And tell that fucking abusive alpha of yours that he can forget about me answering him any questions." Turning my back towards the wall, I slummed against it, knees bend and closed my eyes sitting down cross legged and going through what all went by few minutes ago.

Unknowingly a tear escaped my eyes and few more joined in. I had cried many times in my life but this was the first time I felt defeated. My wolf was not there with me and my mate did not want to be with me. I was truly lonely with no sense of direction.

"Jules..." I heard beta call out my name. But what pissed me off was that there was hint to sympathy in his voice.

"Didn't I say to leave me the fuck alone beta? Or do I need to escape to find a moment of peace alone for myself?" I asked angrily, opening my eyes and looking directing into eyes. I don't know what he saw in them but he just sighed and nodded. He was about to leave when he said,

"You know you can't leave, right Jules? This is most secured cell in entire America." He sounded so proud that it made me involuntarily scoff.

"No. I can escape from this hopeless place within 15 minutes and you won't even know I left until it's too late. So don't sound so proud about your shitty security." And looked up to see him look surprised and then get angry. He was about to say something when I cut him,

"Didn't I say I want to be left alone beta? Leave." I said firmly and him have some internal battle before he just nodded and finally left me.

I stared at the closed door thinking about how lonely I am. There is no one I can rely on to release me from this place. Place or loneliness?

I have been all alone for 17 years of my life and when finally I thought I will be able to call someone my home, I was yet again stranded and thrown away like garbage. Was this how Goddess wanted me to spend my whole life? Fighting every second of my life just to breath for some more time? Was I even living?